My back is f*ked and I'm here to deal with ir

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm 24, M from India. Two days ago I was diagnosed with slip disc and a minor fracture in one of the discs in my spinal cord. I weigh 110kgs(242lbs).

I was into sports and have used this app frequently in the past, but recently lost track of everything in my life and landed up here. LOL.
Anyways, negativity aside, I'm still hopeful that i'll take care of my back, also my doctor has told me to lose 30kgs(66lbs) to survive in one piece.
Looking for some people to do this with ☺. Ciao

Replies

• KingBenneth
    KingBenneth Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently hurt my back, not as bad as you mind, but I did some yoga to help and it's done wonders. Have you given it a go?
  • dddankur
    dddankur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been told to be on strict bed rest for the first ten days, and then they'll tell me how to go about the exercise and other things. So waiting for that.
    Also, a lot of my friends are suggesting yoga to me. I'll give it a go!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am actually disabled from a spinal cord tumor. Missing some spinal cord. Do to surgery also have curved spine.. i started of with walking less than a mile. An eating smaller portions. Instead of having second. Then 31/2 years ago i had high cholesterol doctor put me on high protein and fiber diet. An started feeling more energy. Working out alot more was 235 am now 175/180. Goal 160
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was seeing a great chiropractor to help with my back.
  • dyfthompson
    dyfthompson Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Degenerative spinal disease, arthritis, disc issues, scoliosis, three surgeries - Pilates ( with a master instructor) was well worth the investment for me.