Struggling :-(

Options
Hi all,
I have an 11 month baby, who keeps me on my toes all day!!!
I’m really struggling to gain weight and now I’m weighing just under 44kgs I’m 5ft 3 and 32 years old.
I live far from family and friends since I got married so quite alone!
Would be grateful for any helpful tips on how to put weight on in a healthy way!
Hope some one can help thank you :-)

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel alone. I'm sure the stress of a new little one and al the work that takes magnifies your feelings.

You can eat healthy calorie dense foods..like olive oil, avocado , and nut butters which are high in calories..easy to eat and you don't have to eat a lot of these foods get to where you need to be. Be kind to yourself.. you deserve it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry, too. You didn’t ask, but may I suggest— mother’s clubs, story time at the library to make new friends.
    Agree with adding some healthy high calorie foods you like. Google it.
    You have people here who are on your side and will talk and listen.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You could always drink your weight back on. They have protein to help gain muscle weight. Start eating more calories. Try eating 1500 to 2500, or snacking. Im snacking to much. I like my trail mix.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You could always drink your weight back on. They have protein to help gain muscle weight. Start eating more calories. Try eating 1500 to 2500, or snacking. Im snacking to much. I like my trail mix.

Just drinking protein powder won't help you "gain muscle", unless you are also lifting heavy weights via a progressive overload program. Which is probably not a bad idea, as you probably want to gain both fat and muscle from where you are now.
  • vegasgirl0825
    vegasgirl0825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest some protein shakes/smoothies too, but not necessarily to gain muscle, but to increase your calories in a healthy way. You can still have 3 good, healthy meals a day (or however you normally structure your meals) and then add in a couple protein shakes a day as in between snacks. The protein is good for you and you can add fruits (or veggies), peanut butter, etc. to them. Just some suggestions to add some good calories.