Looking for weight gainers

Options
I’m 20yo girl from Finland. Just looking for inspiration and motivation from other weight gainers. I started at 39kg in March 2017 and been through a roller coaster and now 44,5-46kg, depending on the week and my eating. Add me if you are on your journey to gaining weight.

Please tell me your biggest realizations you have made during the way to help the gains! How do you maintain your motivation to cook? It’s the hardest part for me.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome and good luck!

Best thing to do is be prepared. So planning your food and meal prep ahead of time. For example cooking meat (chicken, meatballs, etc) in large batches to add to dishes. Or cooking whole meals for the week. Buying a whole pizza and freezing it so you always have it available to add to your meals... ex pizza, chicken and a salad. Also always having food available and on you at all times... nuts and dried fruit is great and very portable. If you are in a bind high cal smoothies are great too, you can really pack a lot of cals in and it is not as filling (typically...)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, full fat milk
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Best thing to do is be prepared. So planning your food and meal prep ahead of time. For example cooking meat (chicken, meatballs, etc) in large batches to add to dishes. Or cooking whole meals for the week. Buying a whole pizza and freezing it so you always have it available to add to your meals... ex pizza, chicken and a salad. Also always having food available and on you at all times... nuts and dried fruit is great and very portable. If you are in a bind high cal smoothies are great too, you can really pack a lot of cals in and it is not as filling (typically...)

@sardelsa You don't eat the whole pizza at once?!
  • sardelsa
    Options

Oh no I do, or at least most of it.. :p I mean I usually order an extra pizza just to freeze
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options

Oh no I do, or at least most of it.. :p I mean I usually order an extra pizza just to freeze

Phew!
  • SaturniaCat
    SaturniaCat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting from 40kg and trying to gain, I'll add you!
  • mirajulin
    mirajulin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting from 40kg and trying to gain, I'll add you!
    Good luck! How tall are you and what is ypur goal weight?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I thought I linked this, but here is a great thread with foods and advice to help you gain:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • ccbrewer23
    ccbrewer23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How’s the gains coming? I’m new and trying to learn all I can