P90X Question

Options
I missed a workout yesterday since we had guests over all night. Has anyone ever done 2 P90X workouts back-to-back? I was going to do Legs & Back and then Chest & Back and maybe even Ab Ripper X. Is this too much? I thought it would be ok since I am working 2 different areas of my body.

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend doing two weigh routines back to back like that on a regular basis... but I have done it a couple of times when life got in the way. No harm no foul.

I have also moved the workouts around to better tailor the schedule to my lifestyle. As long as they all get done and the weights are every other day (unless you have to miss one here and there) you are golden.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you want to make up for missing last night I would suggest doing say chest and back followed by cardio X.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I missed a workout yesterday since we had guests over all night. Has anyone ever done 2 P90X workouts back-to-back? I was going to do Legs & Back and then Chest & Back and maybe even Ab Ripper X. Is this too much? I thought it would be ok since I am working 2 different areas of my body.

If you were going to do 2, I would do legs and back then chest and arms, that way your not working your back twice
  • dlovesjimma
    dlovesjimma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've done it, but I split them up - one in the morning, and one in the evening. I was a bit sore the next day but nothing unmanageable.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say switch your off day with yesterday's workout.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Like others said, would not recommend two resistance routines in one day... You can push your round to 91 days, just continue with the schedule and catch up after.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    That sounds rough to me. If you do decide to do that, make sure you eat enough otherwise that will burn you out. One time friends of ours( a couple) decided it would be a good idea to do Kenpo after we just finished Yoga. My boyfriend and I made it all the way thru but our friends tried but it was a bit much for them. The husband even took a break to eat a banana in front of us.

We tried to stick with the P90X schedule as much as possible but we did move around the schedule to suit life when we needed to.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing is if I can't do the workout that day due to busy schedule etc I use that day as a rest day instead and bump my workouts to the following day and cont on-