Motivation101! πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ’―

Options
Sharod_BeastFit
Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
edited February 2020 in Getting Started
Before you know it...the summer will be here! You wanna look your best?! Well its time to kick a**!!!! No more hiatus!!! No more falling off track!!! Its time to get with the program and stay on track!!! Dont think for a second you're starting this journey alone!!! Your not!!! You have another family here on MFP that will stride parallel together!!!

Step by Step! Day by Day! All you have to do is get that your body moving and the rest will come together! Forget the scale!!! It throws you off as weight fluctuates!!! Focus on the grind!!! Put in the work!!! And the work will take care of you!!!! You on a diet?! What diet?! Listen....do what you can have on your plate for fuel! You need it! No sugars! No junk! No process of anything! No unhealthy fats! No high carbs!!! Eat plenty of vegetables! (greens) (You should have 2-3 cups of vegetables on your plate with every meal a day!) Eat your fruits too! And please...stay hydrated!!!

Drink drink and drink the water!!! All you have to do is eat clean! Its your year!!! Your gonna look freaking great!!! I have confidence in you!!! I believe in you!!! You are already on the right track by signing up, or by returning to MFP!!! πŸ‘πŸΎ Great step for success!!! You cam do it! Just dont let yourself down!!! The support is there!!! The carpet in your journey has been laid down for you to become a new you and a better you!!! a lifestyles change for life! Whether its inside of you or outside of you!!! Health Is Wealth!!! One day at a time! So lets do this!!! πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ’―

Replies

• Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Before you know it...the summer will be here! You wanna look your best?! Well its time to kick *kitten*!!!! No more hiatus!!! No more falling off track!!! Its time to get with the program and stay on track!!! Dont think for a second you're starting this journey alone!!! Your not!!! You have another family here on MFP that will stride parallel together!!!

Step by Step! Day by Day! All you have to do is get that *kitten* moving and the rest will come together! Forget the scale!!! It throws you off as weight fluctuates!!! Focus on the grind!!! Put in the work!!! And the work will take care of you!!!! You on a diet?! What diet?! Listen....do what you can have on your plate for fuel! You need it! No sugars! No junk! No process of anything! No unhealthy fats! No high carbs!!! Eat plenty of vegetables! (greens) (You should have 2-3 cups of vegetables on your plate with every meal a day!) Eat your fruits too! And please...stay hydrated!!!

Drink drink and drink the water!!! All you have to do is eat clean and kick *kitten* in 2020!!! Its your year!!! Your gonna look freaking great!!! I have confidence in you!!! I believe in you!!! You are already on the right track by signing up, or by returning to MFP!!! πŸ‘πŸΎ Great step for success!!! You cam do it! Just dont let yourself down!!! The support is there!!! The carpet in your journey has been laid down for you to become a new you and a better you!!! a lifestyles change for life! Whether its inside of you or outside of you!!! Health Is Wealth!!! One day at a time! So lets do this!!! πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ’―

There, fixed it for you.

Why fix something that aint broken?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    You can take bits and parts of it and use it as your advantage. Its only to motivate and ignite the drive for fitness. That is all. Eveyones lifestyle or fitness regimen is different from the next person. You right, not everyone will give 110% or whatever. Its really aiming for those who wants to get back on track and wants to dedicate themselves to put in the effort. To give them that push. Thats what matters. But we all can strive for goals we aim to achieve off motivation. Each its own.

Hey I personally liked it. I prefer the go hard or go home now and then! To really push ourselves is a gift, to achieve more than we ever thought possible, well thats truly living.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    You can take bits and parts of it and use it as your advantage. Its only to motivate and ignite the drive for fitness. That is all. Eveyones lifestyle or fitness regimen is different from the next person. You right, not everyone will give 110% or whatever. Its really aiming for those who wants to get back on track and wants to dedicate themselves to put in the effort. To give them that push. Thats what matters. But we all can strive for goals we aim to achieve off motivation. Each its own.

Hey I personally liked it. I prefer the go hard or go home now and then! To really push ourselves is a gift, to achieve more than we ever thought possible, well thats truly living.

Agree, half *kitten* effort give half *kitten* results
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options

I agree on taking bits and parts and you had some parts that were very good. The thing is, when you over complicate things, people either get too discourage to even start or they start gung-ho and then peter out because it's not sustainable for them. NOT saying it isn't sustainable for some, but I'd put money on 'most' not wanting to make such drastic changes for the long haul. If you want to? Go for it! But it isn't necessary or required for weight loss or health.

To suggest that someone who isn't 'eating clean' or killing themselves at the gym isn't giving 110% is a direct conflict of your original post and the 'take bits' part you backed it up with.

Motivate! Encourage! But KISS. (Keep it Simple)

Weigh the food. Log the food. Eat the food. Move your body. Stay in a calorie deficit. That is all that's truly necessary for weight loss and 'move your body' isn't even required, but it does promote better health.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Motivation is that initial burst of speed that gets you out of the gate. But it fizzles. If you're doing a distance run, you need endurance. If you're staying the weight-loss course, another word for that is discipline. Discipline is what gets you moving and keeps you on track when you AREN'T motivated and pushes you back on the course if you take a break.

Motivation gets you to sign up. Discipline and setting reasonable goals gets you to the finish line.

FIFY. <3
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    "Staying hydrated is great pretty much any fluid you drink is going to contribute to hydration. drinking a glass of diet softdrink is going to provide exactly the same amount of hydration as a glass of water given that the diet softdrink is 99.9% water. Even the food we eat contributes to hydration"

Is this actually true? I've heard that caffeinated drinks will dehydrate you. And also heard that diet sweetener-filled drinks can slow weight loss as the body reacts to them was if they were sugary and pumps out unneeded insulin.
    There's so much info out there. I find it so confusing to know what/who to believe. I stick to water usually because it's known to be safe as long as you don't drink too much in one go (did that once and it was quite scary!)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thank you for your motivational words! I agree with some of it and will use those words wisely; I will take from it whatever works for me. But I do want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!!
    Good luck with your path to health and fitness!!
    It's all an individual journey and that's what we need to remember. Sugar isn't evil, our (over) desire and (over)use for it is. Carbs and fats aren't evil, unless we overeat from one area or both.
    I kicked the diet coke habit a few years back, due to expense and chemicals. Maybe it does help hydrate you but water is better. And cheaper. I'm not sure of your definition of eating clean but compared to how I used to eat, I've definitely 'cleaned' up my act. In the past I'd eat high fat high sugar high carb meals, followed by 4-5 bottles of diet coke every day, with very few vegs/fruits ever. Now? Mostly vegs/chicken/fruits and a few carbs. I have areas I could improve on but don't want to give up some of these things. Comparatively, my present is much cleaner than my past and I'm happy with that. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    cherys wrote: Β»
    "Staying hydrated is great pretty much any fluid you drink is going to contribute to hydration. drinking a glass of diet softdrink is going to provide exactly the same amount of hydration as a glass of water given that the diet softdrink is 99.9% water. Even the food we eat contributes to hydration"

Is this actually true? I've heard that caffeinated drinks will dehydrate you. And also heard that diet sweetener-filled drinks can slow weight loss as the body reacts to them was if they were sugary and pumps out unneeded insulin.
    There's so much info out there. I find it so confusing to know what/who to believe. I stick to water usually because it's known to be safe as long as you don't drink too much in one go (did that once and it was quite scary!)

It's true and they don't. I've dropped 108lbs drinking over a litre of diet cola practically daily. Hasn't hindered me at all. If anything, the caffeine's mildly suppressed my appetite.

The dehydration argument tends to arise from a lot of people saying diet drinks are high in sodium. They aren't. A can of Diet Pepsi has 25mg per 330 mls. That's nothing when you realize that a teaspoon of salt has 2325.5mg.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    cherys wrote: Β»

The dehydration idea has been debunked (your body holds the fluids long enough to benefit).

The insulin spike one is false. For some people, they may affect appetite, but if you're calorie counting and staying within calorie goal, there's no issue.

Unlike Esther, I don't drink them, but that's because personally I think they don't taste good. Sweet drinks, real or fake, not my jam.