Actually scared to cut after bulk 🤣

Options
Actually terrified to cut for my holiday because the graft and effort it's taken to get to my goal weight and that used to clothes being clingy I know I'm going to hate it 😢 anyone else feel the same or do I need to get a life? 🤣

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have been there before. There was a time I was scared to lose all the size and muscle I built, it was so much work I was terrified I would do something wrong and mess it up and end up where I started! Good news it isn't that easy to do.

Just make sure you continue lifting, progressively, get adequate protein (I like to aim a bit high when cutting around 1g per lb bodyweight just to ensure I'm not taking any chances, but 0.8-1g per lb is fine) also don't go too aggressive with your deficit, as long as you lose less than 1% of your bodyweight per week you should be good.

Good luck!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Actually terrified to cut for my holiday because the graft and effort it's taken to get to my goal weight and that used to clothes being clingy I know I'm going to hate it 😢 anyone else feel the same or do I need to get a life? 🤣

When I came on here the 1st time, I do so with the intention of bulking for the first time. I came from a lowish weight and when I got to my goal weight, like you I was worried that I would lose it all when the bulk stopped. I went into maintenance and did a slow re comp to slowly lose the fat that had been gained during that bulk. Instead of going straight into a cut, go to maintenance instead and do a slow recomp if you have enough time before your holiday.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I hate my impending cut too.... I like being "big" and knowing my lifts are going up.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Totally understand this. I'm now cutting after a quite a long bulk and it can be hard to see the scale move the other way after everything that went into gaining.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    As was mentioned and worth repeating - do the 3 things studies have shown can prevent LBM loss.

Enough protein, reasonable deficit, and resistance training.

For the lifting, don't lose weight on the bar, keep that and the reps, but you can drop the frequency & sets if needed because of the deficit and lack of recovery.

250 deficit possible?