Deleting food

Options
Can someone please tell me how to delete items from my food lists. They're getting pretty long and it takes a lot of time to find what I've eaten. I want to delete foods that I don't eat ad much. Help!!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    You can't delete items from recent foods. As your list gets to a certain size it starts to replace the less recent ones with the ones you use most recently.

In the app when you add a food you can change the sort and filter from Most Recent to Most Frequent.

I've been logging for 4 years and a wide variety of meals, it's really shouldn't make too much of an impact to your searching.
  • freda666
    freda666 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Peach2958 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to delete items from my food lists. They're getting pretty long and it takes a lot of time to find what I've eaten. I want to delete foods that I don't eat ad much. Help!!

I cannot help but for what it is worth this irritates me too.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Also not sure if you've noticed this but when using the app on your phone, if the food you want is still somewhere on that list, it will pop up as a suggestion while you're typing...saves me a lot of time compared to when I'm using MFP on my computer. This way you can multi-add several food items at once just by typing a few letters.
  • kmv1431
    kmv1431 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can delete foods from the "frequent" list. There is a delete option there. I too wish that I could delete "recent" foods. Perhaps in the future this option could be added.
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    On the app for example on an iPhone you can delete items of food in your history by going from the right to the left on your screen on said item & that will come up with a red tab that says delete. Hope this helps
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well I suppose we should be careful for what we ask for, I've been wanting to be able to delete foods for a while, the other day I saw that they added that option, on the website, I don't see it on the app, so I deleted foods that I hadn't eaten in quite a while, now it's begun deleting food on it's own, food that I eat everyday are gone, sometimes I can go to the deleted list and "restore" them, but today when I did that, it didn't bring it back, and now it's gone from the deleted list?????
    I copied my meal from the last day I ate it, and it added it to my meal, we'll see tomorrow if it added it back permanently....
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it randomly deleted two of my usual exercises. I have no idea why it's still so buggy after all this time.