SlimFast

Options
Can anyone tell me is the SlimFast ready shakes okay to have for a breakfast?

Replies

• kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I believe they are meant to be a meal replacement so prob ok for breakfast. But I also don’t think they fill you up and keep you full long enough. I find I’m hungry by 10am. But if it works for you go for it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I buy them occasionally when I find them cheap for after a workout, but there are a lot better choices for breakfast if you want to drink your calories (i.e. a smoothie or protein shake) that would keep you full and have a better macro breakdown.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've tried those and didn't care for them. I used to get the Special K Morning Shake (strawberry flavored), but I can't find it anymore.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used to put mines in the freezer for about 40-45 mins then shake it up and drink. So very delicious.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I don't get filled up by drinking calories so they are awful for me.
    If they are filling tasty convenience that fits your calories and macros then great. If not there are a million other options.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I always recommend eating, not drinking, your calories. There are a lot of healthy and filling options for breakfast. If you need extra calories or protein a shake is not a bad way to go. In general, there are better products that slimfast.
  • erikaramirez4872
    erikaramirez4872 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking slim fast. Because I haven't found a protein shake that I like. Protein shake's are just so convenient. I will have one for breakfast and for lunch. And because there so good there almost like a treat and so it also helps with the "I want something sweet" craving. 😁
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    As someone who drinks a smoothie most mornings, I see nothing wrong with drinking a Slimfast for breakfast if that works for you.

Personally, I find no difference between drinking or eating a meal as far as satiety is concerned.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I always recommend eating, not drinking, your calories. There are a lot of healthy and filling options for breakfast. If you need extra calories or protein a shake is not a bad way to go. In general, there are better products that slimfast.

I think the important thing to focus on is whether or not OP is satisfied by drinking their breakfast calories. If it's filling for them, what's the issue?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    They are a meal replacement so yes. I had one for breakfast and one for lunch and sensible dinner for awhile. I wish they’d bring back the big cans though that were coffee flavored those kept me full and satisfied a lot longer. I feel like those don’t have enough calories for me I think it’s 140 or 180 a bottle the cans were 230.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the slim fast protein. I'd blend the powder with ice and sometimes other things like spinach and strawberries. LOVED IT yum!

I have switched to powder that is higher in protein, and I add a fiber supplement to it too. Drink it every morning, definitely keeps me full until lunch.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me is the SlimFast ready shakes okay to have for a breakfast?

@JillianAshwood35

If it does not present a financial burden then I would definitely suggest conducting it as an experiment. Try it for a week and if that goes well enough try it for another. Pay attention to how fast you get hungry again after drinking one. I would do two weeks with breakfast only and then if it goes well and you feel like you can replace another meal you could try it as an experiment too.

I do suggest you log your food so you can see how replacing the meal impacts the rest of your day calorie wise. It would not be good if you do not get enough calories or if the shake makes you so hungry later that you eat more than you need.

• SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I enjoy slimfast drink it every morning I usually put in some kind of fruit blend it up in my nutri bullet delish! Plus it takes about a 1/2 hr to drink vs 5-10 min to eat toast or a bowl of cereal and less calories..I use slimfast advanced drink high in protein, lactose free,gluten free,high fiber,low sugar etc and if following the plan you are supposed to have 3 snacks so you could have one late morning
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I had a friend (RIP now) who, back in the 1980's lost a lot of weight by following a program of using Slimfast shakes for breakfast and lunch and eating a regular meal of salad, meat, starch veg or grain side and a glass of wine for dinner. She didn't have too hard a time getting used to being hungry or have cravings during the day and got most of her nutrition from that healthy supper she made herself every evening; which was heavy of seafood. ... But when she returned to 'normal' eating, she started regaining very quickly and ended up using that reducing diet for the rest of her life to maintain her weight loss. ... I tried to follow suit to her approach for my own weight loss and found it gave me tremendous cravings for something starchy/sweet/fat and suffered from those cravings badly throughout the day ... so I quit trying that approach.

So ... it really depends on what your goal is in choosing such a food for a meal, and how that meal fits into your lifestyle. Try Googling this web site to compare the nutritional profile (macros) of Slimfast to other shakes ...
    Comparison of 310 Shakes & Slimfast - 310 Nutrition ... this might be what you are seeking to have MFP posters answer for you.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you like it, and it is filling for you then go for it. I put a protein shake in my coffee every single day for breakfast and I’m good until 11 when I have lunch.160 calories My husband drinks a carnation instant breakfast for breakfast every day. So long as you are under your calorie goal you will lose weight.
  • SunSetTraveler
    SunSetTraveler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with you I am the glue..it works for me and it agrees with me I mix a Greek light and fit and 1/2 c blueberries or strawberries so around 265 cal..32g protein good fiber holds me for 3-4 hrs 🌻