Any TurboJam friends out there?

Options
I'm getting ready to begin TurboJam any day now (as soon as the package arrives!!). Anyone else out there doing it? How do you like the weighted gloves? (I've never tried using those before.)

I'm combining it with Couch25K so I can do my first 5K on Thanksgiving! (Just completed W1D3 today!)

Replies

• Carrie95128
    Options
    I have the Turbo Jam workouts and they're so much fun! I actually don't do them regularly now, since I joined a gym. I just feel more motivated and challenged working out in a gym. But the workouts are so much fun, you'll love it.

As for the weighted gloves, I found them a bit uncomfortable. You'll definitely want to work into them. I couldn't use them yet the first few times I did the workouts and then they just seemed itchy after I'd start to sweat. But you may have a different experience.

Good luck!
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Turbofire next week Thursday. I have a feeling that I'm going to get my butt kicked BIG time but still looking forward to it. :) Have fun with TurboJam!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome! You cant help but to dance while doing the kickboxing, which burns even more calories! :)
  • timanda2
    Options
    I do turbo jam with the weighted gloves. It definitely kicks your workout up a notch. You'll love it.
  • StaycMcC
    Options
    I also just recently started Turbo Jam, after completing P90X. P90X got me really in shape, but now I want to drop the weight that's covering up all those muscles! So far it is a lot of fun. A little bit of practice to get the steps going the right way, but smiled the entire time and was sweating like crazy at the end! I haven't tried the weighted gloves yet. I wanted to get the fancy footwork down first :)
    Have fun!
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Turbo Jam. I did it for two years and then switched to Turbo Fire...HUGE results with both programs. I would only use the weighted gloved if you want your arms to look AWESOME! :wink: have a GREAT time with Turbo!!!
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam & I looove the weighted gloves. The music is so motivating. I'm sure you'll love it! :smile:
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    A very sweet friend who has Turbo Jam is sending it to me to let me try it out! I can't wait to get it. I've heard so much about this workout. If you start a Turbo Jam group or anything, let me know! I would love to join. Well, depending on how I like it of course once I try it!

Good luck to you :)
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Oops! Double post! :laugh:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to begin TurboJam any day now (as soon as the package arrives!!). Anyone else out there doing it? How do you like the weighted gloves? (I've never tried using those before.)

I'm combining it with Couch25K so I can do my first 5K on Thanksgiving! (Just completed W1D3 today!)

The gloves take getting used to, but you do feel the difference even though they are only 1 lb apiece (I believe).

A few weeks ago, I slept on my left arm the wrong way and pinched a nerve. May shoulder ached and my fingers felt very tingly, so I've been doing round 2 of TJ without the gloves. My arm is better now and I'll be adding the gloves back next week. I didn't realize what a difference they made until I had to work without them.
  • paintitblack
    Options
    My favourite part of Turbo Jam is the fat burning work out with 4 intervals. They're so much fun and really get your heart rate going!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have the turbo jam dvds. they are great i havent got the gloves though.
    i am also doing c25k. i will be doing w4d1 on sunday.
    good luck.hope you enjoy it.