Trying to lost 15lbs

Options
Hey,

I'm new, obviously, and am not really sure where to start. I am trying to lose 15 pounds, hopefully close to 10 before Thanksgiving. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks!

PS, I wish I could spell. I obviously meant "trying to LOSE 15 lbs"

Replies

• cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat good and exercise. That is what the secret is to losing weight. Using this site keep track of food intake and exercise you should do good. To lose that much might be tough, especially if you don't have much to lose. Good Luck.
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks! It has been tough. I eat generally well to begin with, so I guess I just need some more exercise. Living in a college town while working a full time job has it's problems -- easy access to alcohol and bad food, plus a bf who is a grad student and doesn't cook :P. At least I'm part of a CSA!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm 15 pounds away from my goal as well.
    This is going to sound stupidly simple, but increase your water intake. (I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper addict, so this was really hard at first!) I have one of those tall aluminum water bottles, and keep it filled up.
    Something else that really helped me was taking a walk at lunch 2 or 3 days a week. Gets me away from my desk and in the fresh air.
    Good luck!!
  • mskimmyd
    mskimmyd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It has been tough. I eat generally well to begin with, so I guess I just need some more exercise. Living in a college town while working a full time job has it's problems -- easy access to alcohol and bad food, plus a bf who is a grad student and doesn't cook :P. At least I'm part of a CSA!

Since you said you already generally eat well, exercise is definitely going to be key to your weight loss. There's nothing wrong (in my opionion) with occassion alcohol & bad food (especially when they're readily available), but making up for them with exercise makes all the difference! I know, I know, this is groundbreaking thinking here... :happy: