Pushing the "Start Over Again" button

Options
jamiepatterson082121
jamiepatterson082121 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2020 in Getting Started
So I've been a member of My Fitness Pal a few times. As of right now my status says "logged in for 101 days, weight loss 0" How does this happen you ask? Because I started, saw and liked success, and then slithered slowly back into my comfort zone of overeating. That topped off by having foot surgery and being inactive has resulted in the "0 lb weight loss." This is so frustrating because I KNOW I can and could have prevented this. I always tell myself "I won't let myself gain again after all this hard work." Yet, here I am.... Day 1 :smiley:

Replies

• hesaves66
    hesaves66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to keep trying - we learn more each time and can apply both successes and challenges to get better results! It all counts to the good as we move forward. Hang in there and good luck 🙂
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over again also. (5 days) MFP seems to be the only thing that works for me. Life happens though but I’m back & I am not going to be so busy that I can’t track my food. I’m excited!!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm here with ya! I'm down 19 pounds, this is where I usually slide back. I'm really trying to put my health first and stay under my calories and make fitness part of my everyday. Small/Mini goals is how I'm plugging away. First 10 down, next will be 20 (so close), after that i want to get in to the "160s" and then lose a total of 30. The last 10 pounds I'm going incorporate weight lifting to change things up and bring back some definition.
  • kimgeloneck08
    kimgeloneck08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here I go again....seems to be my motto lately. I’m starting over as well. I have a friend that I work with, she and I will be hitting the gym together after work. I’m trying to eat better but there are some foods I don’t or can’t have.....ie. eggs and nuts.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 11 days onto a restart. Let's get together and win once and for all!
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well. Only down 2 pounds from 2016. Doc now says cholesterol and blood pressure have to come down. I think Danp has got it. Have to think about what went wrong the last time, and try and correct in the easiest manner possible. Looks like you're addressing that and can move on. My solution, i think, is I just need to quit eating these dang late night snacks, and move around more. LOL
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    It's important that you evaluate what went wrong last time and make adjustments. Ask yourself some key questions

What worked and was easy so you can do it again?
    What worked but was an effort so you can adjust it and make it easy?
    What worked but wsa a real struggle so you don't do that again?
    What just plain didn't work?

Ideally, you want an approach that's so easy for you to stick to that you get results while staying within (or just adjacent) your comfort zone then you'll be set. Easy is the goal. The easier the better.

This.

I insanely kept retreading old efforts that kept failing. This time around I stopped trying to be an expert in successful weight loss and became an expert in failure. Knowing how I fail gave me clues on how to avoid it. I have used this knowledge to help guide myself through 2 years of consistent weight loss.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am also back again, but for the last time. Not doing this @&&&£ again. The key has to look at what works for you and what does not. I know I can lose weight, so I am not stressing about that, but I am looking 9-12months down the line and trying to figure out how to stay down.
  • Cinder333
    Cinder333 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting. Began in September and I'm down 2 pounds total. My issues seem to be on weekends I was going off plan, and making excuses for excessive snacking. I am starting this time with frozen foods (lean cuisine, nutrisystem desserts), and doing that for a few weeks just to get adjusted to the portion control. It also helps me initially to not be able to go for seconds. My next phase is going to be replacing one meal a day with a calorie controlled home cooked food. I am working on my list of options for breakfast and dinner. My lunches will remain frozen food for awhile since that is easier at work.