Weigh yourself

Options
How often do you guys recommend weighing yourself?

Replies

• seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every evening, before bed. I know it's when the body is at it's heaviest, but it's a regular time for me and should I see any amount of weight loss, as little as that maybe, I can go to bed feeling good for myself.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I find daily (first thing in the morning, naked, before any food or drink) to be the least stressful. Using a weight trend app and understanding that fluctuations are normal helps.

Here is my recent graph. I am older and don't hold much water weight so my fluctuations are small. Many people have weight variations on a daily basis of 2-5 lbs, and even up to 10 lbs is normal, particularly for pre-menopausal women..
  • gmedina1285
    gmedina1285 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I figure I’ll weigh myself daily till I get to my goal weight. Then maintain weight once a week. Does that make since🤔
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    vn6v6py3wfxm.png
    ghcctfqpe2hm.png
    i weigh daily first thing in the morning. but i also use an app called happy scale that automatically trends out your progress. and it also takes in to account your fluctuations
  • gmedina1285
    gmedina1285 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That’s a good idea I’m downloading it now! Thank you☺️
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after going to the bathroom: NMW (naked morning weight) haha. I weigh every day but I don’t record my weight every day, if I feel like my weight isn’t accurate for some reason (holding extra water weight, or ate more than usual the night before, etc). Which is silly, but that’s how I roll.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing is fine if the daily fluctuations don't discourage you. It bothered me to weigh every a.m. and either see no change or my weight had gone up(That was truly discouraging!). Now I weigh myself 1-2 times a week and find I'm much less bothered by the scale numbers than I used to be.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My weight can go up or down by as much as 5 lbs in a single day for various reasons, so I weigh myself daily in the morning to establish a trend. Weighing less often makes trending slower and my weight is more confusing. If I weigh myself weekly and happen to retain water on my weigh in day for 3 weeks in a row, it makes it harder for me to judge if I'm gaining or just had a fluke. 21 weigh in instances trending upwards are less likely to be a fluke than 3 random sampling instances.
  • Junebug02836
    Junebug02836 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning before eating breakfast or getting dressed. I try to have a positive attitude. If the weight goes down, i feel great like i accomplished something. If it doesn't budge or stays the same, I motivate myself to be a liitle stricter with my snacks that day.
    I am a sugar addict, and I need to fight it every day (kinda like when i when I quit smoking years ago). What i do now is reward myself with a protein bar as long as it equals calories lost from exercising. No exercise, no protein bar. 😂