This may help someone! I am a male, meeting with a dietician and eating in the following fashion...

Options
I am 6'2" and eating 1,800-1,900 calories a day. It goes like this:

7 am - 500 calories
10 am - 150 calories
1 pm - 500 calories
4 pm - 150 calories
7 pm - 500 calories

How are you doing with losing/maintaining?

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    That’s kinda where I started. Was very helpful!
    Breakfast - 400
    Snack - 150
    Lunch - 400
    Snack - 150
    Dinner - 400
    For a total of 1500, plus 100 calories to do anything I wished with. Either a little over on the above, or a piece of candy, or a small snack at bedtime. Whatever!

Good luck!
  • affirmationguy
    affirmationguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That’s kinda where I started. Was very helpful!
    Breakfast - 400
    Snack - 150
    Lunch - 400
    Snack - 150
    Dinner - 400
    For a total of 1500, plus 100 calories to do anything I wished with. Either a little over on the above, or a piece of candy, or a small snack at bedtime. Whatever!

Good luck!

Hey, Thanks!

It's good to know this path can work!

:)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    So long as you're eating fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. You can distribute those calories any way you want, it makes no difference. If three meals and two snacks works for you, great. If you'd rather have bigger meals and don't care about snacks between, that's fine too.
  • affirmationguy
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    So long as you're eating fewer calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. You can distribute those calories any way you want, it makes no difference. If three meals and two snacks works for you, great. If you'd rather have bigger meals and don't care about snacks between, that's fine too.

Thank you and I agree! I appreciate your chiming in.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I suggest keeping notes on your hunger and your energy levels before eating or when something seems off. Note the times and give yourself a scale like 1-10 for each. This will help you adjust the calories given and your macros (as needed) to give you the best hunger control balanced with decent energy to get through your day.

Ideally you do not want to be ravenous before eating again and you do not want to be hungry too long before your next meal or snack.

On paper the plan looks like it would work really well and it does work for a lot of people. It would not work for me though. I would struggle and I know this because I experimented until I got it right.
  • affirmationguy
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I suggest keeping notes on your hunger and your energy levels before eating or when something seems off. Note the times and give yourself a scale like 1-10 for each. This will help you adjust the calories given and your macros (as needed) to give you the best hunger control balanced with decent energy to get through your day.

Ideally you do not want to be ravenous before eating again and you do not want to be hungry too long before your next meal or snack.

On paper the plan looks like it would work really well and it does work for a lot of people. It would not work for me though. I would struggle and I know this because I experimented until I got it right.

I like your idea of a "hunger" scale.

Thank you kindly for sharing!