Hi, needing help with this!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Julie and, like so many of you, I'm trying to lose weight. Live in Michigan with two young children, ages 2 1/2 and 8 months, and (if I'm being totally honest), I haven't felt good about my body since before my first son was born. I'm fairly small, about 140 lbs. and a size 7/8, but I just hate how I feel these days. Want to get fit and finally wear the rest of my wardrobe (which consists of cute, form fitting shirts which I wouldn't dare wear right now). Prb is, I have such trouble sticking with my exercise and eating program. Hopefully, this website will help me. Good luck to all of you as well!

Julie

Replies

• pugeebunnie
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Julie and, like so many of you, I'm trying to lose weight. Live in Michigan with two young children, ages 2 1/2 and 8 months, and (if I'm being totally honest), I haven't felt good about my body since before my first son was born. I'm fairly small, about 140 lbs. and a size 7/8, but I just hate how I feel these days. Want to get fit and finally wear the rest of my wardrobe (which consists of cute, form fitting shirts which I wouldn't dare wear right now). Prb is, I have such trouble sticking with my exercise and eating program. Hopefully, this website will help me. Good luck to all of you as well!

Julie
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome. This site is really eye-opening. Log your foods and exercise, exercise, exercise. I love it, and it is real easy. Good luck you can do this.
    Pam
  • stimpy6298
    Options
    Hi, I also have 2 small kids ages 4 and 2. I never wanted to diet or exercise but now that I have been doing it since 1/12/09. I love it.
    I strictly follow my numbers here and go to the gym 60 min. 6/week. They say after you have stuck to something for 45 days it becomes a habit. A good one at that :smile:
    So best of luck to you and everyone else on here.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! As someone said up there, this site is a real eye opener as to how many calories, etc..you are eating every day. I find it helpful to log my meals BEFORE i eat them. Good luck to you on your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: