Hi, How are you?

Options
Hi, I'm new here and so far I LOVE this site. I just found the message boards today :) I hope to get to know some of you and be encouraging as well as get encouragement. For the first time in my adult life I am determined to change my lifestyle and get more exercise.. I'm on week one and so far so good. I'm the one that is usually guilty of walking with a friend just to be social. This time I am walking by my self because no one has time and quite frankly I'm over needing someone to walk with me. I'm doing this for me!!! For MY health. For MY children and husband! They need me around and I want to be around for them.. I have had a health scare, borderline diabetic and I REFUSE to have that diagnosis so I HAVE to lose this weight and eat right! I've rambled enough for now.. Good luck to you all and I hope to talk to you again soon :) Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Replies

• kduncan704
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too and just posted on this site for the first time today. Maybe we can support each other. I have gained weigh over the past year and cannot wear a lot of my clothes. I am getting closer to 50 and am really worried about menopause weight gain. I am so easily tempted by salty junk food that it is sad. I can get a thought in my head about a certain food and it will stay there until the craving is satisfied. My husband is not real supportive because he says I look fine, therefore he brings junk into the house. I may look fine to him, but I know when my body is out of shape and my clothes don't fit. Good luck to you too.:happy:
  • rxme
    rxme Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice to read your message. It was inspiring. Do things for you but remember what got you to this point. Its not just excercise it is changing the way you look at food choices and what you serve to your family and have in the home. I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to friend me. We can share tips on weight loss and life changes.
  • MickeyEstes
    MickeyEstes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    rxme I am doing it for my family.. But for myself first so that I can lead by example. Nice to meet you both, hope to get to know you better.. I must admit, I'm not sure how to "friend" someone on here yet so feel free to add me :)