My 100th time doing this. I need friends!

Options
So this is like my 100th time trying to lose weight in the past 5 years. I was always around 200 lbs from ages 18 to 26. Then when I hit 26 I went up to 250 in one summer! I then got in a relationship and shot up to 320!!!!! I’m losing my mind, I’m 32 and my fiancé is pregnant and I really wanna lose as much as I can before the baby comes. I’m on day 4, today was my first day in the gym, the first 3 days I spent getting my diet together. I ran 1 mile today and did it in 16:50 I almost died. I use to be in the Army and was able to run 2 miles around 13 minutes. I never thought I’d get like this, but it has come and has been the norm for me for the last half decade. Add me on here so we can support each other please!!

Replies

• coydavid
    coydavid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leemolock
    leemolock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t know how to add you but I’ll be glad to be weight loss buddies.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • awfuldaring
    awfuldaring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ay relatable. I seem to gain weight in that magical land of simultaneously happy and stressed. When is your baby due?

If you ever need seltzer water recommendations, my husband cut out sodas last year and he has many! :)
  • coydavid
    Options
    She is actually having twins, so I definitely need to be in my best shape. They’re due September.

And I’ll definitely keep that in mind, believe it or not my soda cravings are gone as long as I keep chugging this water. Just gotta stay consistent.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the future twins yay for babies

I think many of us had restarted this a million times. I always need something to be losing for. I'm going away on Friday and I've taken the last two weeks to get in shape for that. I'm drinking so much water to avoid drinking booze haha. Other than getting up a lot at night it's all good. 🤣😂
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Very exciting about your engagement and the twins! You have good motivation to be doing this, which is great. I lost a bunch of weight before getting married, and then gained a bunch back over the last seven years. It has been a struggle. I've recently been on a good kick with staying consistent at the gym, doing boxing class and loving it. I'm seeing results muscle-wise, but no weight loss. Just trying to be patient and trust the process. I requested you, and not to hijack your thread but I also welcome new friends to help keep me on track!
  • coydavid
    Options
    I appreciate everyone’s input and support. I’m just taking it day by day and weighing in every Monday, not trying to think about the number so much but more how I feel. To be honest I feel amazing so far and I’ve noticed a lot more energy now. Kicking the soda craving is one of the hardest things I’ve faced so far. Imma just keep chugging water everyday and try my hardest not to quit. Maybe when the baby’s are born instead of a celebatory cigar, I’ll have a nice cold can of coke lol
  • dreamerwithatiara
    dreamerwithatiara Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I can't seem to send requests (maybe I'm just missing how)
  • barbyjo
    barbyjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you about trying 100 times. I been there, done that. I find MyFitnessPal to be a good help in losing weight. My advice is not to get stressed about setbacks. Eat things you shouldn't, didn't exercise? The past is the past, move forward. Try again the next day. I fought the battle all my life and finally at 74yrs old I lost 75 lbs. I have kept it off for over a year, however wanted to lose another 20, but having a really hard time. Secret to my weight loss, counting cals, exercising, mainly treadmill and swimming laps. When it's too cold to swim, I walk or use walking or weight lifting videos to get exercise. I can be very frustrating as Graymanstole said. It's easy to say, " stay focused, when you reach a plateau" but in reality, it can be devastating. I tell my mind, eventually you will lose, but my emotions say to heck with this, I want pizza, cookies, ice cream etc. But you have to keep trying. You are doing a great job, and I feel you will succeed.
  • coydavid
    Options
    Sent
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you've tried and failed frequently, what have you learned from your failures and what adjustments are you making? Friends are great. But a workable sustainable plan is even better.

One red flag to me in that you lost 5 lbs in the first week. A lot of that may have been start up water weight but you can't and shouldn't expect that going forward. If your rate of loss remains high like this, your plan is unsustainable and not necessarily healthy.
  • catjaocbs
    catjaocbs Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'd love to add you but I don't know how, I would like to be your buddy.
  • Ragamuffin14
    Ragamuffin14 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    coydavid wrote: »
    So this is like my 100th time trying to lose weight in the past 5 years. I was always around 200 lbs from ages 18 to 26. Then when I hit 26 I went up to 250 in one summer! I then got in a relationship and shot up to 320!!!!! I’m losing my mind, I’m 32 and my fiancé is pregnant and I really wanna lose as much as I can before the baby comes. I’m on day 4, today was my first day in the gym, the first 3 days I spent getting my diet together. I ran 1 mile today and did it in 16:50 I almost died. I use to be in the Army and was able to run 2 miles around 13 minutes. I never thought I’d get like this, but it has come and has been the norm for me for the last half decade. Add me on here so we can support each other please!!

@coydavid I have a small group for those of us starting in the 300s, it's good to have a familiar group to vent to when things go downhill.... (And trust me as a mother of 2 it just will at some point!). I hope you come and share your journey with us! I'll send an invite shortly.
    Good luck on getting ready for baby!
    Lyn
  • coydavid
    Options
    Okay sounds good! Friend request sent. And thanks MMA I will keep that in mind. My focus honestly is just trying to stay around my calorie goal.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    There are some fantastic groups that can really help you keep your commitment and have some support from teammates.

I can recommend two with no hesitation!

The Fat2Fit Challenge - there are 6 teams (each around 25 people), weekly weigh-ins, challenges, accountability, and inspiration.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest

The We Are The Warriors Challenge -
    Some former military, a smaller group, and you might like it!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786374/we-are-the-warriors-march-registration#latest

Go ahead and register! You can lose! Really :smiley:
  • RGILLESP1
    RGILLESP1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I hit 244 at the beginning of December. Spent two months getting my diet right. 😂 Lost 12-15 lbs so far and I’ve just gotten back into working out this month.