Bariatric Surgery- Anyone with vsg?

Options
Hi! I'm back on here to keep track of my macros, mostly. I'm getting 600 calories a day as I've had bariatric surgery about 6 months ago (lost 46lbs so far!!) and was hoping to make some friends who have done the same. Nice to meet y'all!

Replies

• TreeIsTransforming
    TreeIsTransforming Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. What surgery did you have? How was your recovery?

I had a gastric band in October and I’m currently down about 26kg (57 pounds). I’ve just had a really rough weekend (a lot of heartburn :( ) but hopefully will feel better this coming week.

Feel free to add me!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I had a vsg 5 years ago. I lost 200 lbs post surgery. It was the best decision I've ever made. It is a life long change that has to happen though. After 5 years I put back on 50ish lbs. While I am still well below where I was when I started I have had to reevaluate my eating and exercise habits. With some changes made I have lost 30 lbs. I never made it to goal weight but I am prepared to continue working until I get there this time. Only 43 lbs to go until I am where I want to be. I have a ton of excess skin and will be getting it removed once I hit my goal. Feel free to add me or ask any questions!
  • xobmichelle83
    xobmichelle83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    <3 Hi there !!! I had vsg on Dec 10th 2019 !! Still trying to figure out how to eat lol. I’m getting there tho ! I started preop two weeks b4 surgery and I am 97 pounds down as of today !!!! I’m almost to my first Goal of 100pounds !!!! I start the gym tonight I’m super excited !!! I’m worried about the extra skin !!! If anyone would like to add me feel free !!!!!
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, 9/12/11 for me. Lost 209 initially and was in the best shape of my life, ten life happened.... I'm back on track now though after doing my liquid reset and enjoying the process again.
  • fat_girl_chasing_fit
    Options
    Hi Sammy, I'm gearing up for my last weigh in, where the request for VSG surgery gets sent to my insurance so they can schedule the surgery. Any advice?
  • EmilyJZ
    EmilyJZ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Had vsg 10/22/19. Developed 2 ulcers and a stricture after surgery so that sucked but I wouldn’t change a thing. Down 120 pounds since surgery. (80-something since I joined MFP again. I would love dedicated friends. I’ve been on here for years and my friends list is mostly inactive members. 😩. Hubs also had surgery this Monday, 6/22/20. So we’re here for it! Lol.
  • largebronco12
    largebronco12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I had vsg on 5/5/20 and am down about 58 lbs so far. Nice to meet you all.
  • ttugurl
    ttugurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Four day new sleever here. Looking for people in the same boat. I was 249 on surgery date, not weighing myself until I see Dr. in two weeks.
  • cobeariatric25
    cobeariatric25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting VSG in November or December 2020. Right now I'm doing all the pre-op testing (blood work done, just psych eval and EGD Sept 3rd and 4th). Just have to wait 90 days for insurance requirements and then it'll be time to schedule the surgery date! I'd love to have some people in the same boat too because some of my family/friends don't understand. I'm inspired by everyone who had surgery and if you can give a newbie some tips, I'd greatly appreciate it! ♥️ Keep on being awesome! We can do this!
  • amandabethc
    amandabethc Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for 9/2. I've lost about 10 pounds since starting the whole process in December 2019. I would have lost more but I really struggled when Covid started. Looking forward to getting the help to tool offers and resetting my life!
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I had VSG on 6/15/20. I am down 91 pounds from my highest weight. I am down 55 pounds since initially seeing the surgeon in December and 41 pounds since surgery. I would love to build a support system so please feel free to add me.