Protein Restriction and Food Ideas

Options
Meal and snack ideas low in protein. Not a huge fan of veggies unless there are new ways to try them! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Just curious, but why?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be trying to meet a goal set by a doctor. If that's the case, have you considered asking for a referral to an RD? They can be really helping in working with you to create a plan that will meet your special needs and ensure you're meeting your nutritional needs.
  • Mjlefty35
    Mjlefty35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have chronic kidney disease. I can only have 4-5 servings a day - spread out through the day. Oh how I miss so many things! But i am trying to find my new favorite things and move on from my grief!
  • Mjlefty35
    Options
    Yes I have a RD I have met with a couple of times but still feel like there are other foods I am missing I could try.
  • JagaSrik
    JagaSrik Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rice, fruits and vegetables apart from ( mushrooms, capsicum, pulses legumes and sprouts) .. avocado..snacks made from banana stem is good for kidney Health...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Mjlefty35 wrote: »
    Yes I have a RD I have met with a couple of times but still feel like there are other foods I am missing I could try.

Please post the handouts/links your RD gave you here so we can see what was already suggested and fill in the gaps.
  • Mjlefty35
    Options

I am trying but my phone does not want to upload the pics! I will try when I get to work tomorrow!