Best Diet Frozen Meals????

Options
I'm looking for recommendations on frozen diet meals, it's always such a gamble when choosing! I refuse to buy Nestle owned products so no Lean Cuisine suggestions please! Thanks!

Replies

• Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Weight Watcher's Smart Ones. My favorite is the Baked Ziti. Tasty and filling!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Amy's is great, filling, healthy, and low calorie!!
  • ceh2468
    Options
    LOVE ALL SMART ONES
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cook your own meal over the weekend, portion size and freeze them.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones! Def the best! Michelena's Lean Gourmet aren't too bad either. Esp for the price!! :o)

Healthy Choice is flavored cardboard. Avoid at all costs!

If you're a soup person, a can of the Progresso Light soup is a great meal! Also Campbell's Healthy Request!

Be sure to have some water to combat your sodium if your prone to holding onto water weight! Unless you have time on weekends to make a meal yourself that's low in sodium & freeze portions for the week, you're just gonna have to deal with it!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice are my favorites! all their meals have a good amount of protein and fiber.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice steamers are the bomb! I normally get the Chicken Marinara but they have so many types. It's 270 cal per serving and you get a lot per serving. Has grilled chicken and broccoli in marinara sauce. High protein also.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The best ones are the ones you make ahead and freeze yourself. I do a lot of crockpot dishes. They make up in quantity and I freeze them in the proper portions. Easy and healthy.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yesss healthy choice steamers nom nom nom. A agree with the post about preparing your own then freezing it. It sounds a LOT cheaper to me lol at the stores here I have to pay an arm and a leg to get one.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Several of my co-workers eat those Cafe Steamers from Healthy Choice and love them. They do smell good but I have not personally tasted them.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones & Lean Cuisine...I try not to eat these too much... a long time ago I used to eat a ton of these...I really wanna try Amy's but they are so expensive and never on sale. I try to only buy the LC & SO's when they're on sale...or if I just want something quick and delicious as a break from the norm (pizza and chinese entrees)...I never cared for the Healthy Choice ones. Smart Ones has some awesome desserts
  • brookiemo
    brookiemo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Smart Ones mini pizzas. You get 4 pizzas in each tray and each box has two servings!
  • melyhegedu
    melyhegedu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to eat these every day. They are so full of sodium!! So I switched to making my own lunches and making more dinner so I have leftovers. But now and then I like the Kashi meals. Lots of flavor and not as much sodium. A little spendy, so I wait for them to go on sale.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cook. Stay away from processed foods as much as you can. I suggest reading the book "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. Wonder why your parents (well mine, make that your grandparents) were thin? THEY ATE LIKE THAT BOOK. We did too, anyone who was a teen in the 70's and 80's rarely had weight problems. Then allllll the diet and processed foods came out and WHAM. We're all fat.

/rant
  • McMamma38
    Options
    I love Weight Watcher's Smart Ones. My favorite is the Baked Ziti. Tasty and filling!

My favorite too.Seriosly <3 Smart Ones!
  • LaneAndKent
    LaneAndKent Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Sam's Choice stuffed chicken breasts. I just have a small tomato or something on the side. They have 200-260 calories each depending on the flavor and are quite filling. They aren't official diet food, they just really work for me. Yum.
  • shariann3
    Options
    Ideally we should all eat real unprocessed food, I realize this! I am trying to sort of do "Jenny Craig" on my own, am on a mission to lose 5+ lbs by the end of the month. I need something quick/easy and just want to try something new, don't usually eat these things. I don't expect to eat these on a long term basis, just want to use them to help me reach my goal. Thanks for all your replies!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for recommendations on frozen diet meals, it's always such a gamble when choosing! I refuse to buy Nestle owned products so no Lean Cuisine suggestions please! Thanks!
    Why don't you like Nestle? I actually asking not being a snot or anything.
  • mrsleahfrank
    Options
    Hands down Weight Watchers! I've tried others, but now, I pretty much refuse to eat any others. :) Their desserts are also delish. My new fave: Dark Chocolate Dulce de Leche icecream bars.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi myself, they are full of whole grains and taste really good.