Giving MFP a try!

Options
I've always done Weight Watchers but I am having a hard time with it. Going to give counting calories a try. I entered what I ate today and I still have calories, with Weight Watchers I am out of points. I think this will be easier too especially with eating out and so many restaurants having the calories listed in the menu and/or online. Can't wait to see where this takes me!

Replies

• leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    im trying it for the first time today too. just finding my way round the app and adding todays meals felt great.
  • samichael3264
    samichael3264 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you mysteps2beauty for the tips!

Good luck to you leanneellison1979!

I was able to fit in a treat tonight and still not go over my calories. I don't feel restrictive. I know if I feel restrictive it will not last.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers gives you comparatively little calories to try and offset all their zero point foods that are not remotely zero calories.

I dislike that approach, I feel like you learn more the MFP way. I hope it works out for you. :)
  • samichael3264
    Options
    Thank you Terytha!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    To give you even more flexibility, YMMV, look at your weekly rather than daily calories. Last week for instance I had 1574, 1586, 2246, 1350, 1743, 1539, 1345 net calories to average out to 1626, just under my goal. Last time I was on, I lost an average of 1.1lbs every single week until goal for 25 weeks straight. I had pizza and an entire bottle of wine nearly every friday! NOT cheat. Earned. Saved for. YUM. I maintained for about 5 years until migraines blind sided me and put me back just above where I started.

Note: if this discourages you, please ignore it and continue on. Anything is better than nothing....but here's all of the other stuff you'll want to get set up properly when you have time/motivation/questions:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

GOOD LUCK! See ya on the flip side :smiley:
  • samichael3264
    Options
    Thank you lilawolf!
  • rduval1978
    rduval1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’ve been on here since the middle of January and I’ve been working out at Planet Fitness about that time as well. I weighed at 224lbs and I already lost 20lbs. I have cut out soda and cut back on eating fast food extremely. I am now cooking at home and starting to enjoy it. I live by myself so it was hard to just cook for me so I got into the habit of going out almost every night for dinner.

I am really pleased with myself but this weekend I cheated by having way too many drinks with my friends. I feel I let myself down because I knew I shouldn’t had that much. I’ve worked so hard to get the weight off and I can’t stop now. I loved how I felt.. I just feel bummed and afraid to weigh myself this Wednesday. I just pray I didn’t gain too much back. I went to the gym tonight and I pushed myself. I just need to find peace in knowing I will slip up and that is ok. I need to keep on telling myself put one foot in front of the other.

Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day you beautiful souls out there!! I got your back!! We got this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    rduval1978 wrote: »

Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day you beautiful souls out there!! I got your back!! We got this!

Be kinder to yourself, having a few too many drink one time is not the end of the world. Scale fluctuations may happen but that doesn't mean you've gained fat back, more often than not it's just water retention.

hekd4fmbgfx2.jpg