Adding water in the MFP diary....

Options
So getting to grips with MFP now and have been for just over a week... all doing and going well so far with significant weight loss (I've been cutting down on portion sizes etc for about a month now but only found MFP a week or so ago).

My question is, and yes I've searched although my MFP forum question search criteria may not have been the right one, is this:

I take an effervescent vitamin tablet in the morning in 500ml of water. I also take 1.5 hydration/electrolyte tablets in approx 750ml of water when I workout of an afternoon.
So do I add this as a "snack" in my diary or do I add it as water as well ?

My daily hydration is pretty good as I work in a hot country and know all the pitfalls of not consuming enough H20 !

Thanks.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water, but if you do, then it would make sense to log the volume of water used for your vitamin and electrolyte tablets.

As for the tablets themselves: you can customize your meals, so you could create a meal called 'supplements' to log them if you want.
  • Tack1747
    Tack1747 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Brilliant.. thanks for the reply Lietchi .. much appreciated .. Im off now to try and create a meal called supplements as you suggest :-)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If your hydration is already "pretty good" why bother tracking water at all?

"Living in a hot country" also highlights how individual water needs and intake is - set goals or formulae for populations are simply silly outside of a controlled environment.

If however you do want to track your water then yes, add the water you take your tablets with - it counts towards your hydration. As do many other beverages, even mildly caffeinated drinks are still net hydrators.

PS - I also did what @Lietchi suggested and created a meal for my routine supplements which I could copy from day to day for convenience (see quick tool options).
  • Tack1747
    Tack1747 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks sijomial.

I log my water because its necessary. Its a form of self-aid. I really don't want to become a heat casualty and it also gives me something else to focus on so Im (sort of) constantly thinking about my fluid/food intake - Im determined to stick to this lifestyle and any help I can give myself will be beneficial.