Anyone is San Antonio, TX?

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
I currently live in Alabama, but will be moving to San Antonio the beginning of August. We will have zero friends when we move down there, and that is what scares me the most! My honey is used to moving and travelling and leaving friends (he was in the Navy), but I have never lived anywhere else before and I'm def a small town country kind of gal. Anyways, just wondering if there are any people in San Antonio that I have some things in common with that would want to become friends???

I'm 27, have a lil boy, going on 7 months old (my one and only). You can check out my profile and learn lots more!

Replies

• misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim - I live in San Antonio. Been here about 3 1/2 years. I work for the Army. I will add you as a friend. When will you be moving here? I am always looking for new friends.

Melissa
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am not in San Antonio, but I am about an hour north of you up I-35 in Austin, TX. My wife and I definitely are planning trips to San Antonio (she is on MFP as well, justsummie) we have one lil girl, 2 and a half, and love it here in TX, you will too. I am sure we would both love to have you as a friend, we have been in Austin for 13 months and still have few friends we can get together with.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Aw, we USED to live in San Antonio - for 8 yrs! I loved it there - still have good friends there. It's a great place to live and have a family, but it does get a bit hot for my taste!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I live in San Antonio (Cibolo actually). We (my family and I) just moved here in December. We lived in Biloxi for 12 yrs before this. I miss the water. Can't wait to take a trip to Corpus Christi. It's nice here. Busier than I'm used to and definately more traffic. However, there is lots to do here. Friend me if you want to.
  • Cindib13
    Options
    Aw, we USED to live in San Antonio - for 8 yrs! I loved it there - still have good friends there. It's a great place to live and have a family, but it does get a bit hot for my taste!

Same here. A lil too hot for me. It's suppose to be 101 tomorrow and 102 on Wednesday. :noway: I wish it would rain here more than once every few months.
  • MissKim
    Options
    Hey Kim - I live in San Antonio. Been here about 3 1/2 years. I work for the Army. I will add you as a friend. When will you be moving here? I am always looking for new friends.

Melissa

We are moving August 8th. Only about two months! I'm so nervous and excited.
  • MissKim
    Options

Same here. A lil too hot for me. It's suppose to be 101 tomorrow and 102 on Wednesday. :noway: I wish it would rain here more than once every few months.

Everyone keeps warning me about how hot it is! lol. More reason I need to lose this weight, I'm sure it'll be much easier to deal with not carrying around extra baggage! but my fav season is summer! I love swimming and anything outdoorsy, so hopefully I will like it!
  • Cindib13
    Options

Everyone keeps warning me about how hot it is! lol. More reason I need to lose this weight, I'm sure it'll be much easier to deal with not carrying around extra baggage! but my fav season is summer! I love swimming and anything outdoorsy, so hopefully I will like it!

I love swimming too. Luckily our neighborhood has a junior olympic sized pool ( one selling point why we built here). I try to get over there as much as possible.
  • akonsc
    akonsc Posts: 4
    Options
    I live in Schertz. Is there anyone from that area?
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm from there and visit when i cam. the hottest months are July and Aug. you get used to it. you will make friends, its a nice place. people are friendly, food is great! fyi very fatting, but there are some good choices. drivers are nuts, i know i used to be one of them. traffic is there, and horrible at 430-7 avoid 410 east at all cost during those hours! everyone is a Spurs fan, b/c well they are awesome, you see them often around town. great places to live are northwest side of town, uper northeast, but going toward 35 or I h 10 E kind of went to the gutter. crime is not too bad. bums are annoying around san antonio college, and most of downtown. lots of things to do there. great clean schools in cetain area's. when it rains, which it doesn't often becareful driving, the roads get so slick b/c of all the heat and oil, its like clock work,car accients happned with 5 mins of raining, great shopping areas like la cantera mall, north star is still great b/c its inside mall, the other is outside. good mix of people you will like it. :) good luck
  • jervin
    jervin Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in in the city, but about 45 minutes south in small town Pleasanton. My son is 2 and we come to town once or twice a month to do the zoo, Sea World, or some of the indoor jump places (we have nothing kid friendly down here). You'll really like it down here and if you ever need a small town , drive down for the day. I'm always up for new friends!
  • shakira_0099
    Options
    Currenly stationed in san antonio i am training a friend into shape at copernicus thurs and friday at 5:30 pm if anyone is interested please let me know. I am willing to do it mon-fri if anyone is able to attend, cosists of circuit training and jogging, within weeks a friend has lost 32 lbs from working out with me 3 times a week.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My husband was stationed at Fort Sam Houston for 1 year! Ask anything!
  • jht445
    Options
    Just moved to the area a few months ago! I work out at Planet Fitness, and would love to have someone to work out with or just hang out with! Still don't know many people!
  • Murphk323
    Options
    I live in San Antonio :)
    Feel free to add me - anyone!
    I would love a workout buddy or just someone to hang out with.
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    Currenly stationed in san antonio i am training a friend into shape at copernicus thurs and friday at 5:30 pm if anyone is interested please let me know. I am willing to do it mon-fri if anyone is able to attend, cosists of circuit training and jogging, within weeks a friend has lost 32 lbs from working out with me 3 times a week.

Oh man! I wish this wasn't a million miles from where I live and work in Helotes, I would be there!
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    Oh, and yeah, San Antonio here. 5th generation. I used to hate living here as a kid and teenager, but the more it grows the more culturally diverse we get. 9th largest city in the United States! 7th most popular tourist destination in the United States! Explore, explore, explore! I used to be a concierge for a hotel here, once you think you've explored all San Antonio has to offer send me a message and I'll give you something to do or somewhere to go! Welcome!
  • adkn
    adkn Posts: 2
    Options
    I live in schertz, my husband works at fort Sam Houston
    If anyone wants to add me I'd love a workout buddy :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I live in San Antonio. Any of you can add me if you wish. I would be nice for the bunch of us to meet up and have a fitness day or meeting. It's nice to know that there are more of us than I thought.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I live in Cedar Park/Austin and San Antonio isn't to far away.Its a great city and has so many things to do.