Looking for low carb recipe?

DemonicPenguin
DemonicPenguin Posts: 1 Member
Recently cut down on my carb intake to under 30g a day as my mental illness appears to get slightly better with less carbs (maybe my meds work better without them idk) so I'm looking for any recipes that are low in carb!

Doesn't need to be high in fat/protein or anything, just as long as the carbs are low

Any help is appreciated!!

Replies

• Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    I make tacos,but I use lettuce as a shell, instead of tortillas or had shells. I also use zucchini noodles sometimes in place of pasta, and I have used thick slices of grilled eggplant in place of a bun or bread.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Look up Keto recipes. I'm sure there are plenty you will enjoy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Replace rice with cauliflower in any Asian meal. Try marinated tinned beans or cooked lentils instead of other starchy sides in Western meals.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Meat + non-starchy vegetables.

Eggs + non-starchy veg.

Salad without anything but lettuce or other greens and unstarchy veg plus cheese and/or nut plus a vinaigrette (or whatever high fat type of dressing you might prefer).

The veg typically have a higher percentage of their cals from carbs, but they are low carb.
  • daniworks
    daniworks Posts: 12 Member
    I do eat meals where I replaced rice with cauliflowers. It's an acquired taste but I like it.
  • acpgee
    Here are a bunch of dishes where a starchy side is optional but I don't miss it. You can cook the optional starch for family members eating more carbs. Google for recipes.

Protein on a bed of salad
    Beef lok lak (skip optional rice)
    Tagliata di Manza
    Gado gado (skip the potato)

Warm dip for raw veg
    Bagna cauda (skip the bread, but you can scramble eggs in the last of the sauce)
    Nam prik ong (skip the rice)
    Grande alioli (skip the new potato)
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Peanut butter and no sugar jelly/jam on a Mission brand Carb Balance whole wheat soft tortilla. Just make sure to use only one serving each of peanut butter and jelly.

Also keep in mind that you do need some carbs, so make 'em complex (starchy veggies, etc.) and not simple (processed foods such as white bread, etc.)

Geesh, now I'm hungry. 🤦‍♂️

• acpgee
    Add salade Nicoise but skip the new potato.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Priasmama416Priasmama416 Member
    February 17, 2020 2:00PM
    I make tacos,but I use lettuce as a shell, instead of tortillas or had shells. I also use zucchini noodles sometimes in place of pasta, and I have used thick slices of grilled eggplant in place of a bun or bread.

I do these except for tacos, I make taco salad with Quest Loaded Taco chips as a base. Low carb and loaded with good protein.