Cancer Survivors?

miche124
miche124 Posts: 7
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 4 years out from the end of breast cancer treatment, but I'm still finding it really hard to get a handle on my diet and exercise. I'd love to hear from other cancer survivors.

Replies

• ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    My Aunt is a Breast cancer survivor & she also was on a diet and let me tell you, it wasn't easy for her but she did it. Am not sure what she was doing but I know she did the gym but for her eating, I have no clue. If she can do it you can do it. Nice to hear your a Breast cancer survivor.
  • Thank you.

I get overwhelmed by the amount of psychic energy it takes to tackle my weight. My approach this time is to frame my goal as being less about the numbers and more about the process of moving in the right direction. As long as I'm making progress with exercise and thoughtful eating, the weight loss should follow.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Uterine cancer survivor. Treatment put me in menopause. It takes a while to adjust to a new body . Just keep trying and try not to get discouraged.
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    20 year Hodgkins Disease (blood cancer) survivor - it DOES get easier :flowerforyou:
  • Congratulations to you both! I too went into menopause with my first chemo infusion, and am still taking tamoxifen to suppress my estrogen. Thanks for the perspective, milaxx. You're right, this is a very different body, and I need to be patient with it.
This discussion has been closed.