March Ultimate Accountability Challenge for weight loss and maintenance

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
Join us now at this link
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135947-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2020

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    bc7u0lcm44am.jpg
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge is a great place to find both accountability and some really good team mates. We are affirming and helpful.
    Join us for the March UAC. See the link in the post above.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Join now! This is a great community that pushes you to want to do more because you are accountable to yourself initially...then to the group who are very supportive of each other. It may seem like a hard first step to take but we are here together to support each other and cheer each other on! So, come and join us on this journey of the ultimate accountability challenge and see how it can change you.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    This is such a great group of like-minded folks working toward a healthier lifestyle. I've been a member since the second day I joined MFP back in 2018. I love this group and could not even consider not belonging! Thank you, @RangerRickL for all you do to keep the group going and so encouraging to all of us! :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks @RangerRickL and the gang. This is a great group of supportive encouraging people. Create new habits to aid your health and fitness.
  • Fife24
    Fife24 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This additional accountability and support has made a tremendous difference to me. I’ve not been perfect and the good news is no one expects perfection. I’m just heading in the right direction with great support from all the UAC folks!!

Welcome everyone!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks!! @WMEJA. @BonnieHosk85 ; @TerriRichardson112 ; @Fife24
    Join me and wonderfully supportive team members like those above.
    Click on this link and join us for the March Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/131420-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2019
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    My thanks to @RangerRickL and my UAC teammates.

I went from obese to normal last year and have been maintaining since November. I'm determined not to gain the weight back, but I still have shaky habits. The UAC is a friendly, supportive group that helps me to have a healthier lifestyle. I just have to show up every day and answer three questions. Great group.

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    This is, by far, one of THE best accountability challenge groups I’ve been in!

Three seemingly easy questions:

Did you exercise for at least 20 minutes? This one is the easiest for me, as I close my exercise ring on my watch daily.

The next two questions made things a little more challenging for me, personally:

Did you log everything you ate and drank? Until this challenge, I will honestly say that I was slack in this (ie not counting creamer in my coffee, for example) and I went back to weighing just about everything I ate at home. Work is a bit more challenging, but I utilize the food scale in the cafeteria every chance I get.

Did you stay within your calorie goal? I used to not worry about this, too much, because if I went over prior to this group, I had exercise calories to rely on. Now, I’m much more mindful with my logging, and have not eaten a single exercise calorie in February. No, it isn’t against the rules to eat some or all of those, but I challenged myself to not eat them this month, after eating a portion of them back in January. I lost 3 pounds this month, with just under a week to go!

I appreciate @RangerRickL for taking the time to manage this group! I’ve only been back on MFP since mid-January, but am beyond grateful for this group! I stumbled upon it in the forums the latter part of January and signed up immediately for the February challenge. I also sent the link to the March group to my best friend, as we work at the same place and have partnered up to walk twenty minutes after she clocks out each day.

These monthly challenges are win-win-win across the board!

Won’t y’all join us for the March challenge? 💖
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    To join the March Ultimate Accountability Challenge, UAC, click the link below
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135947-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2020
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    :) Maintainer here. I've taken part in the UAC challenge since September, have found it very helpful, and signed up again for March.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,617 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a great group who gives encouragement, helps you make your goals and find supportive friends.Then look no more. I've been with this group for over a yr. I really like it.you will too.
  • clemsonhrd
    clemsonhrd Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    New to UAC need all the motivation and help I can get. I need to drop 30+ lbs.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This is a great group-- trying to stay at 3 or fewer pass days is very motivating, but even if you don't, this is a supportive community with just the right amount of accountability and support! I hope you join!
  • Joedina509
    Joedina509 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count me in need extra accountability! Need to lose 15 pounds current weight 175. Dina in michigan
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    This is a great group to keep accountable. It is a real challenge but it encourages you to be consistent which is the key to being healthy. Whatever your goals this is the challenge to join. Becoming a member of the coveted winners circle is a great reward.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    This group, as I write each month, is Magic - my Life Preserver and my Safety Net.

These three things work. The simplicity of them shifts my attitude to “of course I can do these.”

April 1 will by my 2 year anniversary in UAC. I’d already lost 52 lbs. UAC helped me lose the final 20-25! After getting the hang of it, I was in the Winner’s Circle for 11 months! In maintenance, my track record has been uneven, but I know I’m figuring out many important things! #NeverGiveUp

And even better, UAC has helped me as I figure out maintenance!

I highly recommend this group if you are looking for a longterm solution.

Also, consider joining the “Building Better Habits” group, which helps you design & practice little habit shifts to insure your success! @themedalist is knowledgeable & helps everyone figure out the in’s & out’s of habit change!

These two groups with a fitness tracker...and you are set!

And the people in both of these groups could not be kinder, nor more inspiring!!

Link is above in this strand!

You have not met a kinder guy than @RangerRickL!! Thanks my friend❣️❣️