Underarm exercises

Options
What are some good exercises for that flappy flab under your upper arm? I really hate it! i want it tightened up!

Help meeee. Ive tried using dumbbells up and down behind my head, but i never feel a burn where i should be feeling it. its always in my elbow?

other than that, idk what to do

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    check this site out, has pictures and video to demonstrate.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/triceps.html
  • Istivan
    Options
    Push-ups work great or if you have a machine, some lat pull downs. Where you have your arms straight out and and pull down with on the rope with the weight over a pulley giving you resistance.

But I would just stay with the push-ups, can do those anywhere.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    what do you guys think of the inverted (laying head down) dumbell presses? or is that just for armpit fat? I would also check out bodybuilding.com, or google under arm exercises...maybe find out what the muscles are called that you want to work, and go from there...great question though, I hope to see some answers (better than what I've got anyways lol)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I take my hand and cup it against my armpit, and move my arm up and down. It makes a fart sound, but it's great exercise.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Gliding.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been using a shake weight and resistance bands (with a free iPhone app) for a couple of weeks and I've definitely seen a difference :)
  • marindak
    Options
    I've been using a shake weight and resistance bands (with a free iPhone app) for a couple of weeks and I've definitely seen a difference :)

seriously? i die laughing at the shake weight. I can't bring myself to try it. So it really works?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, you'll really have to just continue working on body fat percentage to get rid of the flab. I mean, toning is great, and everyone has given good suggestions (I do chair dips too - basically any exercise that targets your triceps!), but there will be more fat there overall because we're women (until you reduce your BF%).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Gliding.

Actually, I don't think gliding would do it. You would need to flap.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

The shake weight is a great exercise. Various positioning of the body works other muscle groups as well. Like performing Hindu squats at the same time.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I take my hand and cup it against my armpit, and move my arm up and down. It makes a fart sound, but it's great exercise.

Somehow, I knew you did this, even before you told!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    First, diet has to be in check to help drop the BF from that region.

A good isolation exercise for that is the tricep kickback which works that section of the tricep. Using good form when you press the DB all the way back pause and hold it for 2 seconds and control the weight on the way back down. Try that for 4 - 5 sets of 8-10 reps. You can also help compliment the exercise by doing close grip curls either with a free weight bar or on a bar attachement for a cable / pulley machine.

The kickback is good for targetting that section of the tricep but it should not be your only tricep exercise. The bench press and shoulder press are good compound exercises in which the tricep supports. Dips are also very good for tricep development, rope extensions, skull crushers, etc.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Two handed pole skiing. Better than the shake weight.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

LMAO! I have yet to master that sound, hahahaha..
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the lat pulldowns, and those have helped with losing inches off that area.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Bump & I love your JM sig.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

LOL, I actually snorted out loud when I read that...I've never been able to do that myself...
  • cfreema
    cfreema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump for videos