Planet Fitness Weight Routines

Any recommendations for a beginner weight routine at Planet Fitness?
I'm still losing weight, so it would be ideally a 3x a week full body workout, just for general fitness.
There's alot of conflicting information out there and I don't know where to start!
I know PF doesn't have all the equipment of a standard gym, but I'm just trying to work with what I have.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I love to go into the circuit room and do that routine. I add in a few other machines that hit spots that room misses, but it covers most.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'm still losing weight, so it would be ideally a 3x a week full body workout, just for general fitness.
    There's alot of conflicting information out there and I don't know where to start!
    I know PF doesn't have all the equipment of a standard gym, but I'm just trying to work with what I have.

Leg Press
    Dumbbell Bench Press/Incline Press
    Single leg dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
    Cable Rows or 3 point dumbbell rows
    Standing dumbbell overhead press
    Lat pull downs/pull-ups
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Quick in and out workout.
    Walk into PF, grunt while lifting a weight, get kicked out, grab a free bagel on the way out.
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member

Fitness training with the club’s certified trainer is included with all the PF memberships. Ask someone at the front desk about setting up a session. They have a couple different types of sessions but what you’ll probably want from your question is the “Design Your Own Program”. During your first session, you meet the trainer, go over your fitness goals and background, and then the trainer tailors a workout for you and walks you through it. You can do it on your own after that and you can always schedule a follow up session with them to modify the workout after a couple weeks of progress.
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    Unless your bulking for a competition or something Planet Fitness is a really good gym IMHO for over all fitness and weight goals. They are very nice in my area at least. And the hydro massage beds are awesome!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    edited February 2020
    braves3134 wrote: »

Fitness training with the club’s certified trainer is included with all the PF memberships. Ask someone at the front desk about setting up a session. They have a couple different types of sessions but what you’ll probably want from your question is the “Design Your Own Program”. During your first session, you meet the trainer, go over your fitness goals and background, and then the trainer tailors a workout for you and walks you through it. You can do it on your own after that and you can always schedule a follow up session with them to modify the workout after a couple weeks of progress.

FYI, it may vary by area but CPR certification is the only certification required per the job postings for "Fitness Trainer" at PFs in my area, no mention of any actual requirements for a personal/group training certification. See below:

p6lfgblnbhqq.png

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    PF has pretty much every machine needed to perform a complete progressive resistance muscle building routine. A specific workout would really depend on what you are trying to do but a simple 3 sets of 10 reps targeting the muscle groups you want to work is easy to plan out and get going on. Their circuit room is ideal to supplement this workout. Only used the gym as a guest, but tbh I would be happy being a member there.