Pregnant and trying to be healthy.

I'm 27 and recently discovered I'm expecting my first lil nugget. I'd like to be as healthy as possible and would really like any tips and advice I can get on eating right what kind of activities I can do.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Doctor recommendations are going to depend on the doctor... different ones in my practice have different opinions about weight and exercise. But I find that my female doctors who are athletes and physically fit tend to be much more lenient than the male doctors. What you actually do is going to depend on your own comfort level with exercise, in particular.

Personally, at 28.5 weeks I've gone with my primary OB's opinion and continued exercise (long distance running and powerlifting) at my own comfort level, which hasn't differed much from pre-preggo...except for the added comments from ignorant people.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Whatever you feel comfortable with and your doc oks. Make sure you take your neonatal vitamin that has folic acid.
  • Thanks y'all. My first appointment isn't until the 13th.. so that's still a couple of weeks away.
    I was really hoping for tips on how not to give in to my cravings and such because I legit ate 6 cheese sticks for a snack. Lol