YO YO insanity!!!!!!!

Options
:sad: Doing this AGAIN!!!! I have lost 77 pounds over the past 6 years and recently have slowly put back on 30...in the past 1 year. 1 year ago, I was running/ hard cardio for up to one hour a day plus strength training and watching calories, I had been doing that for the past 2 years feeling awesome...then about 6 months ago, I do not know what triggered it, but completely lost all interest in exercise, eating right..etc...was bored, depressed and completely burnt out..it may have happened when I was struggling to lose a few more pounds and increased my cardio and strength training only to find I had gained weight, what a let down. So I fell off the wagon BAD and haven't cared what I put in my mouth or one min of exercise since, so I promptly have gained 20 pounds over the past six months!...so today, I am finally ready to change and have the desire and motivation to do this once again! Does anyone else have such a lifelong yo you struggle as this?? Please let me know!

Replies

• bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this has been my whole life. The only thing stopping me now is this place and an awesome support team. Log in daily and do what your chart tells you. Read the boards and surround yourself with successful people. It works!! Hugs honey. xoxo
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Instead of raising the time for cardio, boost your metabolism by changing up the exercises it helps as it makes different muscle group move therefore your body burn more fat+calorie by challenging your body!
    I work out usually only 30-40 min and when I feel like I do 60 min, but never more.

Try these sites out:

www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com
    www.diet.com
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes Sir, U are DEFINITELY not the only one...got through it often, more often than I like to admit to! I can take off 30-25lbs easily, then some how fall back into the same old ways of doing things. I am on like an emotional roller coaster when it comes to eating and working out. As Bevskiwolf said, got to surround yourself with supportive people and/or those with common goals. It is a hard struggle (speaking from experience), but we have to get it in our heads that this is a LIFE LONG STRUGGLE and in order for someone else to care about us, we have to care about ourselves first. Feel free to add me on here...because trust me, that struggle you speak of, I am going through it again right now. Just got to get my mind right so I can get my body right as well!
  • rhae_18
    Options
    yes i too have been struggling with my weight since i was 18. i'm 27 now. when i was a teenager i went on the depo-prevera shot and gained 70 pounds in the two and a half years i was on it. i stopped taking it and started working out and managed to lose 25 of those pounds then life got busy and i had no time and i gained it back. then i met my husband and we had two childeren...i put on yet another 75 pounds and was at my all time highest weight of 325. i have only been using this website for about a month and i've lost 6 pounds. i find that being so heavy makes it hard to work out...i try to do as best as i can but having two young boys and no time makes it difficult...just keep it up...don't fret if you gain a few just watch what you're eating more closely...also remember to weigh in first thing in the morning after you pee!!! and don't weigh in when you are near your monthly cycle, as most women retain water and the extra weight could just be the water weight!!! good luck!!!!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i agree, just continue to log in even if there is no exercise done that day. maybe when u read some of what ppl are saying in the message board it will motivate u to continue to eat right and exercise a little. that's what i did. for while i would just log in what i ate but i had no interest what so ever in exercising, until i started to take a look at the success stories, i tell u they are truly motivating. good luck:)
  • rxme
    rxme Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been doing the Yo Yo for about 4 years. I gained a lot of weight in college, then took it off and looked GREAT. Then I fell of the wagon and started eating bad and got depressed. I like you am a stress eater. So, now I'm back and I'm taking it off if I just loose 2lb a week I could loose 104lb in a year. That is enoumous. If I lost that much I would be to small but, its the point. Little goals big gain!:flowerforyou:
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    you are definitely not alone! I am checking in at the heaviest I've ever been, but I have yo-yo'd since I was 13. Congrats on your decision to bounce back! I've been reading the Success Stories board for the past couple of days to get me motivated again. Nothing like reading about the enthusiasm of others to spark the same interest in me!
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I've always been a chubby girl. I lost weight to join the military, then put 15 or 20 lbs on after that, then lost 10, then gained 5, then lost 10, then gained 35... well you get the idea. Eventually you get to the point where the hard work is still fresh enough in your mind that you put the brakes on after 10 lbs instead of 30. In the last four years, I lost 23, then gained 12, then lost the most recent 9 using MFP. I'm currently sitting at 135 and trying to lose about 10 more. Its hard when I love chips and chocolate SO MUCH, but I appreciate them more when they are an indulgence rather than an everyday thing. I'm also an emotional eater and a "I've had a rough day so let me have half a bag of chips and some pizza and a bottle of wine" girl. Nice to meet you. :-)
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This "yo yo" thing is new to me. But I am feelin ya. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat. So possibly the weight you gained was muscle. Try not to get down on yourself, we all struggle and we can all be here for each other! One thing about weight loss is we can always start over again. Good luck on your journey, and keep making friends on here to help you out.