Just a simple mile tracking pedometer

I'm in the market for something super simple, no fitbit or anything like that. Only requirements are I'd like it to track mileage and steps and be dependable. :)
Any suggestions?? I am very tech illiterate. :(
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DD75FP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3NWV1LWERARS5&psc=1

I found this one I'm kinda leaning towards.

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I still haven't bought one but do still need some suggestions. :blush: My sister has one she likes, super easy for her to use which means I could do it too. Lol But hers was expensive. I just need reliable. Any advice?? Thanks!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Well, I have an older Omron, but they go for $80 these days.

For $19.99, I think you really can't go wrong with that OZO one.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    I didn't notice, but you can change the battery on that OZO one, right? The battery doesn't last very long in mine and it takes those button batteries which can be expensive. I stopped using mine after a while since I got the hang of my walking style and I just picked a flat 300 calories per hour of hills and 200 calories per hour of flat walking at 3.5 MPH. I've used those number for a decade (exercise calories.)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited February 2020
    I use an Android app simply called "Pedometer" written & pushished by Ito Technologies.

It's free, is always on in background and very accurate in terms of time, distance and cals "burned" when compared w/other apps like MapMyHike or Walk.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I bought this one a year and a half ago. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HWTK5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still just as reliable and same battery.

It does not connect or talk to anything else though. Non-transmitting and no cable. It is simply information on my hip.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    5jwmasebios3.jpg

GoZone pedometer, very basic and usually under $40.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    The FitBits are super simple. Fear them, you should not. Get one, you should consider.

yoda.gif