protein shakes???

Options
124»

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    so i'm not sure that this is the right place to post this, but those of you that do protein shakes, what brand do you use? every one I've tried is chalky and has a weird after taste. what are ones that are drinkable when mixed with water?

Skim milk and Met-Rx protein pwdr for me.
  • drams5
    Options
    Fitness Edge protein smoothies come in individual bottles. Fun flavors - key lime, tropical orange, etc. For powder, I like Reclaim Smart Smoothies the best. I found it at Complete Nutrition.
  • drams5
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this -- getting lots of ideas for myself:smile: !
  • Butterflymomto2
    Butterflymomto2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have several protein powders that I use and like! Shakeology, Strawberry Tropical flavor VEGAN. Yes it is expensive but its a meal replacement and just $4 a meal is pretty good. I can use water, shake it up and its great! Love the flavor. I also use Body by VI . It is NON GMO Soy based protein powder. I like using this and throwing some fruit or making it to resemble a chocolate dessert drink. It helps with sugar cravings. It is also a meal replacement shake. I also use Juice + Chocolate flavor. Im sure lots of people ask why so many different protein powders? It's because I wanted to try them all and each one suits my needs and I like a variety! Plus each one has a website where you can get recipes to make a variety of different smoothies using the powder!
  • rkirk1954
    rkirk1954 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Throw in my favorite brand. Puritan's Pride has Whey Isolate Protein in vanilla that, to me, is very good. Has the most protein per serving of any that I have looked at and the calorie count isn't bad with practically zero on the carbs. It is creamy when mixed with water and using a high speed blender.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I buy the Leanfit chocolate protein powder at Costco ( Canada) and mix it with water for 120 calories. I don't mind the taste or consistency and use water to keep my calories down.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    The required daily allowance for a female adult is 45g of protein. This is calculated from the Carbohydrate of 230g. A ratio of 1 third. Not the MFP calculations, which makes no sense at all.
    Protein, is not just found in meat, and most people will meet their daily requirement through a well balanced diet. Excess protein in the body is fat. The bodybuilder, is able to convert protein into muscle, mainly because muscle mass, uses more energy, and can burn calories i.e. protein, long after a work out. The downside to bodybuilding, is when they decide to retire. This is when muscle turns back into fat, and can be a hell of a job to shift, without doing bodybuilding, again.

with all due respect, muscle does not turn into fat.
    Maybe you meant, OP will lose muscle ?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I use VPA and they mix perfectly with water and taste really good but I don't know if they're available outside of Australia and New Zealand.
  • manlyhooduk
    manlyhooduk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ON gold standard whey with Vanilla or Cinnamon flavours are good. They also have other flavours to choose. Give it a try