Looking for friends with similar goals....

Options
Hey all :)
I'm a 38 year old woman with 100+ pounds to lose.
I always start out great for the first week or two then I tend to self sabotage, I'm looking for others who will help motivate and inspire, those with similar goals so that we can share achievements, ups, down whatever we need. Feel free to add me and or send a message !

Replies

• wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Im 36 and achieving my goals of weight loss. My problem is over snacking. I work out doing cardio morning afternoon an nights, before an after dinner. Usually 10. Am 2 pm 5. Pm 730. Pm or later. Father an mother told me i should work out before eating. Its better for you. There doctor say, so i do, an dont. Depending if i need the energy, or not. I have put on 20 pounds, from over snacking, but it healthy snacking. Unsalted cashews. With trail mix, an pop corn. Thats extremely delicious and addictive. Candy pop is the name. I have tried twix, now I'm trying oreo. I just know. After i finish the bag. I wont buy it again. I wanted to treat myself to, something sweet, on valentine's day. Knowing I was going to put on 20 pounds after eating this. Was at 160, now im at 175 180. Goal is 160
  • Melissa3881
    Melissa3881 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't keep those snacks in my cupboards if I did I would eat every last one in one sitting, I started stocking with fruits and veggies so my snacks between meals are those, example 2 clementines or half a cantaloupe or bowl of strawberries. If I even look at any candy i'll gain 10 lbs lol. As for exercise i do an evening walk after dinner sometimes or a walk the pounds away you tube video depending on weather. I don't always follow thru sometimes Im just too tired or sore ! Have a great day!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a problem, of over snacking. This month i wanted something sweet. Knowing that I am going to put on 20lbs. I know what you mean by those snacks. I usually stay away from them also. I wanted, or should say craving Ben and Jerry's icecream, or cheesecake, but proud of myself for saying no, an walking away. Same with alchohol in grocery stores. I no longer drink alcohol, but it souds good some time. I crave a IPA .is a beer, but i still can say no to it. I am big on making smoothies. Spinach, carrots, any kind of fruit. Topped off with flex seed an maybe peanut butter chunky. Almond coconut milk and some pum juice 50/50. Delicious
  • Dallas1971
    Dallas1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)
    I'm a 38 year old woman with 100+ pounds to lose.
    I always start out great for the first week or two then I tend to self sabotage, I'm looking for others who will help motivate and inspire, those with similar goals so that we can share achievements, ups, down whatever we need. Feel free to add me and or send a message !

You got this 💪💪💪
  • Dallas1971
    Dallas1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this 💪💪💪
  • disney_addict_1028
    Options
    Hi!!! I need to lose a total of 100 total I have 13 to go let’s rock this together
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to have similar goals but I have lost weight over the years. I have about 25 more pounds to go.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 with 50 or 60lb to go. Snacking is my weakness so I'm making myself magnets to put up (Stomach, you're bored, not hungry. SHUT UP) and things like that. Just healthy snacks about the house. It's easy since it's just me and the cats in that regard XD. We can do this!
  • leelee_lani
    leelee_lani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A month in, have 60+ lbs to loose. I’m scared to weigh myself because the numbers usually depress me and derail my fitness goals. I feel better though after a month of consistent food logging and pants are a little looser. I’m with you sister. We can do this! My sister lost a 100 lbs with this app and she was a big couch potato. Not anymore!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 with about 60ish pounds left to go. I get you on the self sabotage - I'm trying really hard to change my whole mindset around food. Previously I would be super strict for a week or 2, lose some pounds, then totally fall off the wagon, pig out on nothing but junk and gain it all back again.
  • JaisJourney
    JaisJourney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! In my 30s with 80ish to go. I’ve lost 25. Queen of self-sabotage and snacking because I work nights, constantly flip-flop my routines/times and my body just feels hungry all the time. ☹️ I’m a keto and WW drop out. 🤭 The only thing that has worked in the past is MFP, so here I am, again. I’ve done it without support in the past, but this time I could use some motivation as well or people to hold me accountable. I’m going to return to meal-prepping. I’ve found it was the best way to keep me from my snack excursions. Feel free to add me. 😁
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m 35 with about 65 left to lose. My weaknesses are wine, and entire bags of potato chips when I’m drinking wine!!

I’ve found this site so helpful, because logging my calories keeps me accountable, and the forums are great reminders that I can do this and why I want to. I’m down ten pounds this month, wishing I’d started sooner, but enjoying the process!

We can do this!
  • HufflePuffleShuffle
    HufflePuffleShuffle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 31, have 100+ to lose. Busy professional life and have been struggling to get started but I'm feeling motivated and would love to be friends with some people with similar goals and struggles :)
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I too am good at starting and not making it to the finish line. Lost 48. Gained 20 back. Needle starting to move down again. Always looking for new motivated friends.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hello queens and kings! I’m 39 I have around 85 lbs to lose to be in the normal range ( which I have not seen since teens or meth addiction tbh) but anyway y’all I’m in the 200s been chilling out here for about 13 or so years. I got down to 190s a few years ago with diet n exercise. Right now I can’t do much exercise bc I’m having a lot of hip pain ( I’m having hip surgery in June). My ultimate goal is to make my replacement last long time and I have to not have added weight to that. So here I am trying to work my diet like a mofo. Bc it’s all I can do right now, but when I’m better from surgery I’m gonna work my butt off and get there.