Mild NSFW: Conflicted about prominent ribcage

2»

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    All, keep in mind OP says she has body dysmorphia.

Given this is her first post, that seems like a strong, if not hasty, diagnosis.

In the OP, she says:
    I already know I am prone to body dismorphia, which is why I turn to you, lovely community, for some realistic vision.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    My ribs are a little bit more prominent, but I wouldn't consider it out of the ordinary. I like my prominent ribs, they hold my boobs up.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Just to add: we got the same big rib thing going on. Be proud of your hard work.
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    After loosing weight I noticed my left bottom rib appears to be more pronounced than my right but strangely enough I am loosing more fat on the left than the right of my belly
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    You look great and also normal!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Looks normal to me. I also have very prominent ribs, sometimes people think I am too lean because of it but that's just the way my body is. It never really bothered me otherwise!

Were you diagnosed with this condition and do they deem it serious enough for intervention?

Or was it Dr. Google?

Because my lower ribs are pretty prominent, too. Never occurred to me that it was even weird.

:lol: Now you won't be able to NOT see it...

I've always noticed they are prominent. Other people have noticed and even commented. It's never bothered me.

What do you think, @cmriverside? Noticeable lower ribs?

<snipped image>

Noticeably beautiful lower ribs. ::oldschoolsmiley::

@jesspyre
    I'm glad you found some peace over this in your last post. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. Not one body out there is perfection and anyone who mentions something about someone else's body is being rude.

I had a guy mention my feet once (I have an "issue") and I was so taken aback, so I get it. In hindsight I came up with this, "Oh, we're pointing out flaws in each other's bodies? I have a whole list for you. Where shall I start, top or bottom?"

What I said in the moment was, "How would you like it if I pointed out things about your body." That was probably the easier, kinder way. . .but I really almost WANT an opportunity to use that first one. :lol:

• jesspyre
    jesspyre Posts: 8 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Looks normal to me. I also have very prominent ribs, sometimes people think I am too lean because of it but that's just the way my body is. It never really bothered me otherwise!

Were you diagnosed with this condition and do they deem it serious enough for intervention?

Or was it Dr. Google?

Because my lower ribs are pretty prominent, too. Never occurred to me that it was even weird.

:lol: Now you won't be able to NOT see it...

I've always noticed they are prominent. Other people have noticed and even commented. It's never bothered me.

What do you think, @cmriverside? Noticeable lower ribs?

<snipped image>

Noticeably beautiful lower ribs. ::oldschoolsmiley::

@jesspyre
    I'm glad you found some peace over this in your last post. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. Not one body out there is perfection and anyone who mentions something about someone else's body is being rude.

I had a guy mention my feet once (I have an "issue") and I was so taken aback, so I get it. In hindsight I came up with this, "Oh, we're pointing out flaws in each other's bodies? I have a whole list for you. Where shall I start, top or bottom?"

What I said in the moment was, "How would you like it if I pointed out things about your body." That was probably the easier, kinder way. . .but I really almost WANT an opportunity to use that first one. :lol:

Everyone here has been so kind. Thank you so much! 🖤
    And I laughed about your hindsight quote. I will keep it in my back pocket 😂