Nutrisystem

Options
So this week I’m taking a break from my meal preps. The whole house was sick and I just didn’t have the energy to prep my week of food on top of all the illness. So I bought a weeks work of Nutrisystem kick start. Figured it would be a good change up for my body anyways and might help push forward. Anyone try this ? How was it

Replies

• WickedWitchy13
    WickedWitchy13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice !! It was a random grab 2 people have the flu in my house and I have a touch of something. It sounded good at the time. Ha ! I guess like you said just enjoy the week and move on :-)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    So this week I’m taking a break from my meal preps. The whole house was sick and I just didn’t have the energy to prep my week of food on top of all the illness. So I bought a weeks work of Nutrisystem kick start. Figured it would be a good change up for my body anyways and might help push forward. Anyone try this ? How was it

Expensive portion control...... jmho......
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    He went through a lorra lorra Maker's Mark until he would pass out on the couch every single evening while playing Tracy Chapman over and over and over again. You got a fast car I got a fast car, I had a fast car.
    He married a wonderful woman and I left there on two wheels while bounding around the corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwrHwZyFN7M

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    To be fair, cooking usually drives me to drink too!

<3 I don't remember having to cook anything during those days. The kitchen was always spotless. No dishes. No cooking. Meal delivery, yummy yummy meal delivery. :p Paper plates and using the best 'Chinet' everything.
  • theML2000
    theML2000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi WW13, yes, I use NS as you describe when I need support for meal prep. I mean is it so delish I just can’t wait and go running home to indulge? No. Some of the meals are terrible. But some are good enough when I really need that help and keep me heading towards different habits. As someone else said, I also looked at the items & got ideas for quick items I could shop for (is that “grab & go”?), like “oh a burrito <250cals, oh ice cream cups <200 cals”. (FYI- Amy’s burrito’s & Market Pantry ice cream cups!) Good luck 🍀
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I haf liked at the five meal kit they sell at my store and Walmart and really contemplated it but realized it wasn’t a full week of meals and only covered 2 meals 2 snacks and I just need the portion control. However I think of it and realize I could do it with good food or even with lean cuisine or frozen meals they have now.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I think nutrisystem could be a great place for some to begin. They have a wide variety of choices and food is color coded. Pick what you feel like eating and add veggies/fruit. For some where to begin can be overwhelming. This could be a tool to learn portions and also motivational when scale goes in the right direction. Baby steps if you will.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used NS last year and lost most of my weight doing so. It teaches you portion control, for one, which I think a lot of people need. It's not necessarily more expensive than say, buying a bunch of Lean Cuisines or other frozen/prepared meals at the grocery.