A little about me, Accountability partner wanted!.

Options
I want to add friends on the app so that we can check in and I have more motivation to get in the habit of entering my food because someone is rooting for me and checking on me.. I'll do the same!
Looking for an accountability partner with things in common?
*I've successfully lost weight before, getting back on the wagon, I've been stalled and not trying much for a year.
* I'm married and have kids
* I'm new to calorie counting, I want to make it work
* I'm a recovering carb and sugar addict. 🙄
* I'm really craving like a couple of really involved accountability partners, I dont want to feel alone and get discouraged.

Replies

• Iamthekateanator
    Iamthekateanator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I have yet to figure out how to add people from the forums! When I go to add friends I can look through my phone contacts, Facebook contacts or invite people through email...? Can someone teach me how to add forum people?
  • brycetucker0598
    brycetucker0598 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to team up with you as an accountability partner.

I lost 30 LBS in the past before losing sight of things and gaining it back.

I started focusing on losing weight again in mid January, and am down 29 LBS so far, and am 50 LBS downs from my heaviest.

This time feels different, and I'm sure I'll make it to my goal weight (105 LBS left to go), but having someone to hold me accountable on the days I don't feel like walking sounds helpful.
  • Nactasha
    Nactasha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to my weight loss journey and looking for accountability, too! Feel free to add me!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'll be one of your accountability partner as well! I'm just starting up today. I'm new to tracking my calories but was given a special diet and asked to track calories. I could really use a partner to help me stay on track!
  • Haro_86
    Haro_86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for a accountability partner as well I just started a 1200 calorie diet I previously did keto and lost weight but the last year was rough. My anxiety and depression caused me to gain 50 lbs it's disappointing and upsetting so I'm trying it all over again. Today is day One and I won't stop until I reach my goal of 115-120 I am currently at 220 so I'm ready and motivated 😁
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am looking for accountability too. I am using myfitnesspal since 2013. I lost some and gain back within 7 years. Now, I am back to myfitnesspal and this time I want to be a part of a group to keep my motivation keep going.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I forgot to say I have yet to figure out how to add people from the forums! When I go to add friends I can look through my phone contacts, Facebook contacts or invite people through email...? Can someone teach me how to add forum people?

I think we need to share our e-mails so you can invite us. here is mine
    [removed by mods; please share contact details in private messages]
  • Iamthekateanator
    Iamthekateanator Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hulya_79 wrote: »

I think we need to share our e-mails so you can invite us. here is mine
    [removed by mods; please share contact details in private messages]

@Hulya_79
    I found out you can click on peoples names and and then on their name again and theres a friend icon and a mail icon. So you can send a friend request that way too!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. A little from me: I was 262 lbs at my heaviest and managed to get down to 183 lbs. Unfortunately a vehicle accident and subsequent knee surgeries left me inactive for a long period an I went back up to 225. I am currently hovering at around 200 lbs looking to lose another 5-10. With any luck I'll do that before my half marathon in May. Without luck I'll do that DURING my half marathon in May.

Best of luck to all. Be patient, this takes a lot more time than you may think. You'll have good days and bad days, just don't quit and it will work out in the end.