Is this for me?

Options
uebpcww3d9vu.jpeg
Greetings from Florida!! I successfully lost 60lbs on Keto - but gained 20 of it back because it’s a painfully agonizing life without fruit & carbs. Tried NOOM for 2 weeks — loved it but the price was too high...... so now I’m here (sigh) Am I finally home? What are the pros & cons?
Thank you ッ

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Free. And as simple as counting the food you already eat. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • danielleilsos3377
    danielleilsos3377 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also new. I started yesterday and so far I love it. I want to fill in for the exercise so it makes me go to the gym. The people have been supportive and very nice. I have a culinary degree if you'd like any advice about a diet.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Pros: Free - you can eat the food you enjoy - logging is simple when you get used to it - fantastic forums with very knowledgeable people offering advice - an active, diverse and interesting community from around the world.

Cons: Can be a bit glitchy now and again.

Joining MFP was the best thing I ever did for my weight management.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Despite the MFP blurps when the app and website get slow or go completely down... it's been a HUGE factor in my weight loss. I dropped 100 lbs in 8 months and 4 days and MFP was a HUGE resource allowing me to log my food and receive encouragement and inspiration from other MFP friends. I have maintained that loss for more than 2 years and 5 months and I have dropped even more. Total loss to date is 115 lbs. The only thing I would've done different would have been to start YEARS ago!
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The free and easily able to track calories is a great pro. I also find the extra support and motivation from friends here helps to keep me going.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I glanced at Noom, ran away when I saw the price :D remembered this site from friends from years ago and decided to actually give it a try as intended this time. I started in September and am down almost 22 lbs! I am getting near my goal (6 or 7 more pounds), and am training for a Sprint triathalon, so things have slowed down a bit as I increased my calories, but I am losing the expected .5 lbs per week so it is spot on for me. My husband has been my biggest cheerleader and is a numbers/stats person so he has had fun watching my charts and talks about how much sense it makes - the simple math and science involved... and how the recommended progression to lose at a slower rate the closer you get to maintenance makes wonderful sense for long term success.
  • AmyBethHunt2020
    AmyBethHunt2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!