New mom group??

Options
I am new. But I wanted to meet some new moms that want to help support one another with this "lifestyle change". I do not want to start a challlenge, but just a group where we can come and talk and support one another and have weekly weigh-ins to make ourselves accountable...maybe in the future we can start challenges.

Replies

• delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not a very new mom, but every day is still new to me. I think that sounds like a great group idea. My son Luke is 3 years old and has special needs, and my little Jake just turned 1 year old yesterday. How old is your little one?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'm not a brand new mum either! my baby girl is 10 months, son is 3 and oldest girl has just turned 5. so it's busy. and i work full time (my hubby is a house dad). but i am acutely aware of the challenges that we face.
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yeah, i'm not a brand new mum either! my baby girl is 10 months, son is 3 and oldest girl has just turned 5. so it's busy. and i work full time (my hubby is a house dad). but i am acutely aware of the challenges that we face.

Wow! When do you find time to workout? Lol...

I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm home with my boys all day long. I still find it very difficult to find time to workout. Luke is developmentally around the age of an 18-24 month old and Jake isn't walking yet. Luke needs my attention about every 5 minutes and Jake gets frustrated because he can't play with his brother and he wants to move around. I know it will be easier next Tuesday when Luke goes back to school, so I'll have a few hours in the morning. But, it's tough. I do find that I have more energy to keep up with them when I workout though, so that's always a plus.
  • KJanae87
    Options
    I'm not a VERY new mom either. My son is just about 11 months old! I almost have a 1 year old!!! I can't believe it!

bonjour24 add me as a friend...it wont let me add anymore people!
  • erinmichelle85
    Options
    I think this is a good idea. I'm just getting into using mfp and it's helping keep me on track so far. My little girl turned one last week and I still have about 15lbs I'd like to lose. I don't expect my body to be the same as it was before having her, but I need some sort of improvement! Having a kiddo changes everything! It's so hard to find time (make time) to work out and keep up with everything else, including time with my husband. Let's do this together!