Subtract rest time?

Options
MDC2957
MDC2957 Posts: 417 Member
edited February 2020 in Getting Started
I presume that when the adding exercise such as strength training, we should subtract the total amount of time resting between sets.
If I was in the gym for an hour, but was only actively lifting weights for 40 minutes, I should put 40 minutes, correct?

Replies

• grkski
    grkski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if it is truly just resistance training, I would leave the clock running between sets. You are not getting a huge calorie burn anyway. However, if it is cardio and you are taking a break, sure stop it.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I’ve been cheating myself for ages then. I’ve been stopping the clock between sets / exercises.
    Thanks!
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    What difference does it make in the end?
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like using the METS database. I am more confident that I am recording my activity accurately (as opposed to my Apple watch).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Many fitness trackers use their metrics to try to figure out your activity and intensity level so that they can then translate it into METS values for the time they were detecting the activity.

Unless they're mistaken ("tricked" or "tripped" by some aspect of the detection) about your activity, they should offer a more granular version of the same Mets database entries
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What difference does it make in the end?

This is my thought also. What difference are we talking? 50 calories. Seems like majoring in the minors.