Something That Annoys Me!!

Options
So does this annoy anyone else or is it just me? I posted on my Facebook stating I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. This lady I used to work with started talking about how she wants to lose 30 lbs. Well then another lady comments below her stating, "I lost 32 lbs and it is so easy." Like don't be telling people that. Some people struggle hard with weight. It's NOT easy. Telling yourself "no" to pizza when it's your favorite food is NOT easy. Giving up pop when it's all you used to drink is not easy. Sorry, but it annoys me. Losing weight is hard. Putting yourself in a true "I got this" mentality can be hard. 🤷

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    There is no “I got this”. I’ve been maintaining for 13+ years. Trust me on this one.
  • jobie128
    jobie128 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I have a problem with that too. I quit smoking and I had every non smoker telling me how to quit! Now because of my extra weight gain on top of my overweight problem, I can’t believe how many people are telling me how to lose weight and snarky comments about losing 10 lbs in 2 weeks and that I am not trying hard enough! My first day with this app & community. I have found people who “get it”. So thank you for voicing this frustration! I think you “get it” and I will send you good thoughts. I know you will be successful in your I Got This mentality because I think you are already there!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I dont see how anyone can say weight loss is easy. Then why do so many gain their weight back. It annoys me when people say they cant eat enough when logging to lose weight, i think why are you here, you must have ate too much.

haha.. I think this too. They act like they're stuffing themselves..and It is hard not to call them on their. crap. As if we believe that. However.. I do think with some people it is all or nothing.. Either they binge or they diet and starve themselves ... it is a bad relationship with food.
  • miranda72089
    miranda72089 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I wanted to say something but instead I messaged my friend and let her know that it's not easy and she will probably struggle but it's worth it. I don't sugar coat anything because then the person will get frustrated and just give up bc she's not losing weight "easily"...
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It’s not easy you just have got to be in the right frame of mind or it’s not happening. Getting there can take me months sometimes and that’s just gearing up to do something about it! Lol 😆
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You'll find that when you start MFP and things start coming together and you're losing you want to tell the world. Usually a bad idea. It's better to keep things to yourself as long as you can. It eliminates these kinds of problems.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It doesn't annoy me, no. People tend to have selective memories. Everyone, including me. If someone is happy about their progress they only remember "the good times". I'm in maintenance now and every time I get complacent and comfortable I have to consciously remind myself that no, I don't "got this". Those memories I have of things being easy are causing me to ignore the times when it's not as easy and I don't want to be taken by surprise by an inevitable setback, which does and WILL happen every now and then. I need to be ready at all times.

I tried to make dieting as easy as it can possibly be for me (which included eating pizza sometimes), but as easy as it can be is not the same as "so easy", it's just easier than it could have been if I made things harder for myself.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn’t easy but it is simple.
    Consume fewer calories than you burn.
    There are thousands of individual ways to apply that simple rule though.
    Don’t make it harder than it needs to be.
    If saying no to pizza and pop becomes too challenging it may cause you to lose motivation.
    Consider if you can eat those things in moderation.

The inputs of others can also be a demotivate.
    Keep your eyes on your own plate and don’t worry about what others are saying or doing.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Another reason I'm not on FB
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My biggest peeve with this is that you are posting your win and instead of just congratulating you, other people comment and make it about them! It’s infuriating. If I make a post or tell you about my weight loss, you don’t need to one-up me and say how you’ve lost more.

Not to make this comment about me (since I just said I hate that) but I have a friend who every time I mention my weight loss, she talks about how she needs to lose weight (her goal is usually about five kilos) and I’m just sitting there like, mate I need to lose like 70kg. This discussion isn’t about you.

Congrats on losing those eight pounds and I hope you are able to hit all your targets!