Are you annoying?

Do those around you support you or are they annoyed by you?

Sometimes I feel that I am annoying because they’re bothered if I don’t want to eat or drink. When I ask them to watch the kids, so I can work out or when they listen to me express regrets about binging.

I know I’d be a lot more enjoyable if I just don’t talk about food or working out and just kept it to myself.

Replies

• equipo_dinamita
    equipo_dinamita Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2020
    I Know I felt like I annoyed people when I would tell them I don't want to eat with them; there's a seperation when I did that. So I started avoiding all social times, and really let people know I'm focus on other things. It doesn't matter. It is all in the mind after a while it doesn't bother me anymore. I tell my mind: by me not eating with people doesn't define me. I still decided to talk and socialize. As long as you can convience yourself it's not a probelm, im not annoying, it will go away. Yup. silviamartins you are enjoyable I am sure of it, and talking about food, I think people will like that. You can do it silviamartins! Just keep being you. You can do it.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    Initially my wife was very annoyed by my insistence on using a food scale though now it's just part of the routine.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    My husband is annoyed by me when I don't bring home junk (ice cream and cookies) from the store every night.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    People come around it takes time, it’s change people resist. But sometimes we are just so excited we have to share with someone it’s not always the right people tho. Like when holidays came I just brought my own food it was weird but they knew I was on my diet. The next year they changed to suit me. Kinda cool. I felt sometimes like it was annoying for him bc I wanted to go on walks or exercise without kids so I’d have him left w them. He made it very hard on me even fights, but eventually I had to talk with him and explain how hard it is to mentally fight every day all day myself I don’t need to fight him as well I needed his support. He began not to buy the temptation foods I asked him not to buy and to ask me if I wanted to go walk so it took a long time but progress was made!
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Oh, about food... No.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Yes.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Initially my wife was very annoyed by my insistence on using a food scale though now it's just part of the routine.

My boyfriend gets annoyed when I scold him
    - for forgetting to weigh ingredients, especially calorie rich ingredients like olive oil
    - for using excessive amounts of olive oil
    - for using excessive amounts of olive oil AND forgetting to weigh the oil :tongue:
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    I'm definitely annoying, but not because of my eating. I'm just annoying by nature. :D
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    I was annoying even before I started this journey. Introverts can be that way, I just accept it and move on.
  • teasie12345
    teasie12345 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm only annoying, cause my voice is squeaky. 🤣🤣
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    I do feel guilty about my (lack of) progress when I was living with two partners. I'd proudly say "I've lost half a kilogram", with a "that's great" reply. Of course I said that many, many times. It must have been frustrating at least to some degree. I'm expecting to live with my long distance girlfriend in the next 6 months, I've promised myself to not talk about my weight loss unless necessary.
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    ...like right now...my 11y.o. son is telling me so many details about his minecraft game that I couldn't care less about 😰...I'll listen because I love him. 💙
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Only to the people around me B)
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    I try not to talk about weight/food stuff too much because I find anything that is over discussed can drive people crazy. I have a couple friends who sell Rodan and Fields skin care stuff and it is ALL they can talk about. I have stopped following them on social media b/c it drives me nuts. Another couple friends are super into essential oils and sell Young Living and they are way overboard with it. I think no matter what it is, when people can only talk about one thing and it is constant it gets old quickly. I try hard not to be that person.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I don't talk about diet/exercise. I am annoying, but not for those reasons.

Same here. (It's probably also why I like to hang out here, where people are volunteering to read other people's thoughts on diet and exercise.)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I am extremely annoying but not because of dieting.