Obese workouts with Leslie Sansome

Options
I have degenerative disc disease and have herniated a disk. I'm also 305 pounds and her workouts seem to be very effective and safe for those who are so limited physically. I believe her workouts are a great place to start for the very obese. They are free on youtube!

Replies

• asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @JudyCoventry3883 Thank you SO much for this recommendation. I saw your post and thought, I'm close to obese on the BMI scale, I'll give this a go. It was perfect. Just completed the 30 mins and it feels so good. I'd definitely have spent the last half hour on the sofa with a cup of tea if I hadn't read your post, so thanks.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • JudyCoventry3883
    Options
    Cherys, that's exactly what I did! I was just sitting on the couch and tired of just sitting so I turned that on and found it to be so helpful. Thought I had to share
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're enjoying her workouts! I was cleaning yesterday and came across three sets of her workouts on VHS from 1-5 miles, too bad my VCR broke! She's a great instructor, not too bubbly. I did her lower miles prior to my back fusions (herniation and congenital stenosis).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There is a group here for Leslie fans.........https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

Leslie on DVD might be a good investment. Check your local library. Most DVDs from her "Just Walk" series have a music only option. This is great if you find there's too much chatter. Newer DVDs "Walk at Home" of "Just Walk" will be chaptered. You can skip around, a 5 mile DVD can become a 1, 2, 3, etc. mile workout.

Long time Leslie user here. The beauty of no-choreography is you can adjust for your current needs. Go a bit slower in the beginning, or throw in more high impact (jogging) when you are experienced.

There are also Walking On Line Workouts (not Leslie) but these are outdoors and have zero chatter.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've been using her workouts non-stop for 8 years now.

I started off using her videos when I was obese and I still use her workouts while I'm at my goal too.

If found it easy to grow with her workouts by using resistance bands, light hand/wrist/ankle weights, using longer videos non-stop, using a long walk throughout the day if I'm short on time or jogging in place for half of each a mile.

Good luck!
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I was able to buy an MP3 for one routine from one of her DVD's at Amazon and keep it on my phone. It's a 15 minute/1 mile one. That can be handy also, although YouTube/the Web is just as available today.
  • Desikudinspain
    Desikudinspain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im a new joiner. Am intent on using Leslie to come back to shape. Hope it works for me at least half as well as it did for you guys.