Getting Sober and Losing Weight

Options
I am back to MFP again! I am also 7 days sober and looking for others who include abstaining from alcohol in their plan. I am down from 409 to 270. Would love to get to 199! Onderland is calling.

I am 38 years old. I live alone with my cat, no children, great job - overall low stress life so there is no excuse! I have also been cooking my own meals which is odd for me but I am loving it.

I plan to stick to my calories, no alcohol and jog 35 minutes 5-6 days a week.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Welcome back ...congrats on your 7 days being sober that is a huge accomplishment ....A BIG congrats on your weight loss ....Feel free to add me if you would love to have a cheerleader while you are on your journey :)
  • danielleilsos3377
    danielleilsos3377 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Getting sober is very hard congrats. I was an alcoholic before I decided to join the Army. I stopped drinking liquor and started drinking red wine. It's good for the heart and losing weight as long as you don't drink more than a glass or two. Now I only drink a glass with my mom on the weekend. Iv lost 45 pounds in 6 months. Stick with it and you can do anything i weighed almost 300 pounds 3 years ago.
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on staying sober and the weight loss. I’m on day 56 with no alcohol.
  • dreamerwithatiara
    dreamerwithatiara Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 7 days! I guess by now it's 8, so congrats on that too!
  • n4rley84
    n4rley84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woo congrats!! I’m 15months sober, I initially started with a year sober challenge, found I loved being free of it so much that I wanted to continue 😁 it’s changed my life all for the better! I’m completely new to MFP so a bit of a noob in terms of macro counting or anything like that I’m more trying to maintain weight as I’m very active but add me please we can be sober warriors together 🤟