• holli1ch
    holli1ch Posts: 673 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    l
  • kooris
    kooris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes , weighing and measuring everything.
    Need more water for sure .
    Watching salt intake .
  • kooris
    Options
    PS
    MFP says 1,290 calories.
    I’m 5’3” 167
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    kooris wrote: »
    I have been tracking for 7 days .
    Zero weight loss ?

That is not uncommon. The bathroom scale is not able to show progress specific to fat loss because it is measuring your entire weight which can fluctuate due to differences in food waste in your system and hydration levels. Fat is lost too slowly to overcome the other fluctuations on a day to day basis. It should show up over a period of weeks if you are in a calorie deficit.

While you are waiting are you using a food scale to make sure your portions are correct? Are you also verifying that the entries you use to log your food match the calories on nutrition labels or the new USDA site? This includes scanned items because they can have the wrong info too.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, your body just takes time out. Just keep doing what you are doing and your body will soon get back to work. I just had 4 days of no change what so ever
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Come back in three weeks.

Weight loss is slow af friend. Slower the less you have to lose. It can take a month to see much change.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Obviously I was still typing my post when you submitted yours about the food scale.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    seat151 wrote: »
    Sometimes, your body just takes time out. Just keep doing what you are doing and your body will soon get back to work. I just had 4 days of no change what so ever

This is not actually true. Your body will always keep using stored energy if you are in a calorie deficit to meet the energy demands of keeping you alive and moving. When it uses stored fat for energy about 80 percent of the weight is exhaled. The other 20 percent is water.
  • kooris
    Options
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback !
  • kooris
    Options
    Could it take a month to see scale move ?
    Day 12 , nothing yet 😢.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Could it take a month to see scale move ?
    Day 12 , nothing yet 😢.

Is your diary open? You can get better feed back if posters can see your entries.
  • kooris
    Options
    Diary has too many quick adds .
    Honestly, my nutritionist has seen my diary and says it is sound.
    Could be from past yo-yo dieting that loss is not happening ?
  • BuiltLikeAPeep
    BuiltLikeAPeep Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try keeping track of your body measurements. I track the big 3- chest waist and hips. I rely on that more than the scale to see if I'm on track.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Diary has too many quick adds .
    Honestly, my nutritionist has seen my diary and says it is sound.
    Could be from past yo-yo dieting that loss is not happening ?

When you quick-add something, how are you calculating how many calories to add? For example, are you putting the piece of meat/potatoes/pasta/fruit etc. you're about to eat on a food scale, weighing it, and then checking a reliable source for how many calories are in that many grams? Or are you just entering the number on the packaging for one serving, one spoon etc.?