New member again

This is my second go around as a member of MFP. I recently quit smoking after 23 years and I’m trying to keep the weight off and lose around five more pounds. I struggle with food daily because I have a crazy work schedule that is not consistent.

Replies

• danielleilsos3377
    danielleilsos3377 Posts: 16 Member
    Something that helps me is keeping a bag of unsalted peanuts in my purse. Eating that several times a day keeps her metabolism up. Also lots and lots of water the average person is supposed to drink half their body weight in ounces. I'm supposed to drink a 100 ounces a day. To lose water weight you have to drink more water... LOL it's really hard to drink that much water but it really helps
  • danielleilsos3377
    danielleilsos3377 Posts: 16 Member
    *ur not her lol talk txtn sorry
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    This is my second go around as a member of MFP. I recently quit smoking after 23 years and I’m trying to keep the weight off and lose around five more pounds. I struggle with food daily because I have a crazy work schedule that is not consistent.

Congratulations on quiting smoking! 👍
  • Samantha972016
    Samantha972016 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you!
    I haven’t smoked in over two weeks now!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    Welcome back ... I quit smoking last year when I ended up in the hospital ...Congrats on quitting ..wishing you the very best :)
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    Hi Samantha welcome back! Congrats on quitting smoking. As an ex smoker (quit over 17 years ago), I know how that can be. As well has how it can effect watching weight on top of a busy / stressful schedule. Your in the right place especially here with all the awesome nice MFP folks for support
  • DAN1ELGRU88
    DAN1ELGRU88 Posts: 86 Member
    Well done you. Best thing you could’ve done. #smokefree
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Yep, me too. Gained 40 pds and now, time to do some work agh!
  • Samantha972016
    Samantha972016 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you everyone! This means a lot to me and having support here and motivation will definitely help me to keep going on my non smoking journey to a healthier me!