Your first 'love'

Options

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Who was your first love...how long did u date/how old were you?
    Did u reach out for them....do they reach out for you recently?
    Have u seen them since your break-up?

Met in high school. Began dating. I was 16, he was 17.
    Married in 2001 days before I turned 20, he was 20.
    Times changed. Life threw hardship at us. I was more flexible, adaptable. He wasn't.
    His personality shifted. No longer the man I'd loved, dated and married.
    Years passed. All my hopes never happened; he never changed back.
    No amount of talking could fix it. We are now incompatible.
    I left him this past Wednesday. Moved my daughter and I in with my folks.
    8 years married this June. 11 and 1/2 years together. I am two months shy of 28. He is 28.
    Not time wasted. I've learned a lot about myself. I have my beautiful daughter.
    Life is still good. (I have to keep repeating this.)

Awwww...hugs to you :flowerforyou:

Like you said, you have your beautiful daughter to show for it. And that in itself is a major blessing :flowerforyou: Along with lessons learned:drinker:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Times changed. Life threw hardship at us. I was more flexible, adaptable. He wasn't.
    8 years married this June. 11 and 1/2 years together. I am two months shy of 28. He is 28.

i am proud of you for having the strength for this. its so hard girl! keep your beautiful head up :flowerforyou: it gets better over time. and your time will come! :drinker: thanks for sharing with your MFP fam! :smooched:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My first love was my son's father. I was 17 when I had my son and he was 18. We never married and he was still so young and into the who party scene. I had to grow up fast because I was responsible for this little baby. So while I grew up, he continued to party. We would see each other once in a while. Then when my son was about 2 his father had a horrible motorcycle accident. The girl on the bike with him died (his best friends wife) and he was severly brain damaged. (You wouldn't know it to look at him, he is still gorgeous!). Any way. His father took him to Kentucky to take care of him. He lost most of his memory but the first thing he said when he came out of the coma was asking for me and our son.
    I am still best friends with his sister and still talk to him occaisionally. Our son is now 25 and he grew up w/out him around but they still talk on the phone. My wonderful husband even let him live with us for a few months so that he could develop a relationship with his son!!! He will always have a place in my heart and I know he feels the same for me. We just weren't meant to be together. He got a lot of his memory back and is almost normal except for his speech, he can't form sentences and he has seizures. But he is still a sweetheart.

Wow. What a tragic, romantic story.
    You should write a Lifetime movie outta that.
    (I am not trying to make light of the situation at all... I'm serious.)
    Thanks.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Sorry about your troubles. Remember "WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER!"
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Craig... I was 16; he was 18. We dated for about a year, broke up, got back together a few months later. The whole relationship was about 2 years. One night we sat down to talk. I was ready to say "I love you," but let him go first. He broke up with me instead. I was crushed. We went our separate ways, but ended up going to college in the same town (never really saw each other, though). We're now both married (obviously, not to each other), living back in our hometown, about 2 blocks away from each other. We're both happy, and I have no hard feelings toward him. I actually think he'd get along really well with my husband :laugh:
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Im still waiting for her. My first love will be my only love
  • sarah20397
    sarah20397 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im still waiting for her. My first love will be my only love

Did you resurrect a bunch of threads from 11 years ago? 😂😂
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I don't mind this being a zombie thread.

My first love was in high school, 25 years ago. We were not the standard couple as neither of us went in for the formal dances, wearing promise rings, all that was hilarious and stupid to both of us - but everyone knew we were an item. It went on for almost two years like that, my junior/senior year and his soph/junior year. He was my first of course and I highly suspect I was also the first for him, though he claimed I was not. Then when I started college, that summer things really intensified and we broke up in the fall. He had some serious issues including legal stuff and went to a correctional center so it made the breakup easier and harder at the same time. Long story.

I've looked him up online because of course I'm curious! He doesn't seem to be active on social media but I've found enough info to feel certain he's alive, well, and has not been back in legal trouble at 40-ish which is good! With subsequent loves (and marriages, including a super-happy marriage now to my "true love") I don't really think about him much, though. He was an interesting and sweet guy. I think we were perfect for each other at the time since we were teens with a mix of being smart & very intense and also VERY immature...neither of us were ready for *serious* and much of our relationship took place over the phone. If it was modern day, I'd say we would be chatting online primarily and only see each other in school and 1-2 times per week outside of school.

I have seen him a few times since our break up but I have not seen him since the late 1990s.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i married her

then divorced her

haven't seen her in a decade
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    We started going out when I was 16 and we were together for 20 years. We got divorced and he passed away not even 1 year later in Sept 2018
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm married to him. :lol:

We "met" in the early days of the internet when I was 16 and he was 22. Lived in different states and obviously, I had a severe "girl crush" on him.

Nothing could happen due to my age at the time and he feigned indifference. He enlisted, I graduated high school and moved to a new state and started college. Sometime near the end of my time in college, he contacted me out of the blue after a long absence and we started talking.

A few conversations in and after learning he had survived cancer and was nearing the end of his treatments, he asked me point blank over the phone if I would marry him. I thought he was kidding, so I told him he would have to visit in person and ask in order for me to give him an actual response.

We continued to converse until he showed up a few months later. Spent several days together and yes, he proposed toward the end of the visit *after* asking my father for permission (apparently old fashioned people still exist in this day and age). We had a year long engagement before we had a small ceremony for family and I moved states. Been a whirlwind adventure since, complete with all the ups and downs.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    kimber607 wrote: »
    Hi

DETAILS....

Kim

Josh and he was 22, I was 18. We dated 4 years and some change. He reached out about six months after the breakup and we were weird freinds for a few years and I cut that off too. He reaches out every few years most recently the day after my birthday so Feb 3rd of this year.
    It's funny running into him over the years. We both get fat and skinny a lot so I don't know who's 'winning' at this point haha. It's weird when I see a notification from him. I haven't seen him in maybe 4-5 years and we haven't had any real conversations in that time either because I keep it short. He kind of screwed me up back then but I think that's what most first loves do.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,505 Member
    Options
    First Love ??

Probably Chicken Tacos

slow-cooker-chicken-tacos-14.jpg
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    If we're going way back to childhood crushes I was five and he was a year or two older and I think I liked him because we had the same name and he was my tball coach's son. Nothing came of it because I was five.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    first *real* love was that boy with a girls name...first *kitten*
    ~16 y/o
    He moved away to go to university...still called me and stuff, was never anything but kind to me
    Came home and I cold shouldered him - hurt too bad

Past is past... and good left there, as memories :heart:
    I think we do what's right for us at the time, intuition *listen to it!*
    ...and the adventure of life continues!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I have felt gratitude, lust, security, duty, respect, admiration, interest, pity, compassion, and infatuation. I have even sometimes felt more than one of these for the same person. But definitions of love vary to such extreme degree I’m not sure I’ve ever felt romantic love.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,505 Member
    Options
    I have felt gratitude, lust, security, duty, respect, admiration, interest, pity, compassion, and infatuation. I have even sometimes felt more than one of these for the same person. But definitions of love vary to such extreme degree I’m not sure I’ve ever felt romantic love.

I stopped with 'lust'.

it works.