Let’s get Boozy :)

Cheers to the weekend! What are your favorite drinks that’s are low in calorie? Beer, wine, cocktails let me know!

Replies

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    I actually like Bud Light and Coors Light, and they only have just over 100 calories. Wine is wine, but if I want to go lighter with it I’ll add some sparkling water (flavored or not). I don’t do many cocktails, but if I do I’ll ask for a skinny margarita or just request lower sugar. All those sweet drinks add up quickly in calories! My sister once made me a really good tequila drink with fresh grapefruit and lime—that was really good, and about as low as you can get in calories for a cocktail.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    If I'm out and I want a low-calorie cocktail of some sort, I'll get a vodka and diet soda. I drink so rarely, though, that I usually just get what I want. Moscow Mule usually.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    I do Prosecco on the regular because it's low in calories and delish!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Limoncello spritz is my new go-to summer drink (even though it's just March, lol). Limoncello with Fresca....yum.

Or really any kind of champagne/sparkling wine cocktail. French 75 is great, Kir Royale is great, a mimosa with a minimum 80/20 bubbles/OJ ratio (or do cranberry juice instead for less sugar!).

I am a wine lover, so I just try to make sure I fit it into my calories for the day. My nutritionist says I can have it, but a glass of wine counts as 1 starch or 2 fats in my daily plan :)
  • 88missycat88
    88missycat88 Posts: 529 Member
    Budweiser select 55 only has 55 calories but also half the alcohol. If I want a beer with more alcohol I go with michelob ultra. If I want something harder my go to is whiskey and Sprite Zero with lime.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Tito’s and soda with a splash of cranberry or Tito’s with a flavored sparking water and a lime
  • DevonKaroline
    DevonKaroline Posts: 19 Member
    Light beer, dry white wine or clear, unflavored liquor with a zero calorie mixer are my go-tos.

The white claw seltzers seem to be a good option too.

Tequila is going to a your lowest calorie option at 64 calories/shot.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    LZMiner wrote: »
    Tito’s and soda with a splash of cranberry or Tito’s with a flavored sparking water and a lime
    Me too👍🏼
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Single malt scotch (Islay) is my fave booze; just 64 cal/oz and usually have a 2oz pour that pack as bigger punch in terms of abv than a glass of wine (5-6oz) or a glass of beer (12oz) st about the same roughly 120 cals.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    I love a Moscow mule just not sure if it's low calorie.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Ginger beer has about 16 calories per ounce. I prefer lower calorie mixers, so I would not consider a mule a low calorie drink, but it's all about how it fits into your calories.
  • janejellyroll
    Hi guys, check out cookupplayer for online vegan culinary course. Amazing stuff and 40 healthy recipes for vegans as well as non-vegans. Great nutrition knowledge. Strongly reccoment <3 love

What does this have to do with the topic of the thread?
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member

Ginger beer has about 16 calories per ounce. I prefer lower calorie mixers, so I would not consider a mule a low calorie drink, but it's all about how it fits into your calories.

I use diet ginger ale so the only calories really come from the 2 ounces of vodka which is 128 calories. Even then, you're not using a whole can of ginger beer, so it should only be another 96 calories for half a can.
  • janejellyroll
    swirlybee wrote: »

I use diet ginger ale so the only calories really come from the 2 ounces of vodka which is 128 calories. Even then, you're not using a whole can of ginger beer, so it should only be another 96 calories for half a can.

You can absolutely change it to make it lower calorie, I was just pointing out the calorie details for a "typical" Moscow Mule as ordered. For me, 100 calories for a mixer is too much for something to be considered a low calorie drink. For others, it's okay.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Clase Azul - Absolute favorite. Straight. No ice.
  • processofbelief
    processofbelief Posts: 5 Member
    at home i've been blending up a handful of frozen strawberries with a shot of tequila and a few squirts of lime juice, then topping off with whatever flavored seltzer we have at home. really pretty and delish