New here! In need of a buddy for this journey

Options
Support systems are the best way to go. Helpful, supportive, and motivational.

I'm 31 years old
Single mom of a wonderful 6 year old.

During my pregnancy I gained almost 100lb and was never really able to shave the weight back off.
I'm stuck with the terrible mom bod and due to a C section, left with the dreaded mother's apron. I've tried diet after diet, and I've hated it... but I really think my love of food in general was my excuse to not push myself more.
About 2.5 years ago, her father died and I gave up on everything, including myself.
Now that I've hit my 30s, I've grown tired of being tired all the time, lacking energy.. back pains, knee pains.. even waking up to migranes (ouch!)... it's time for me to really push myself to be healthier not just for me, but for my daughter. She doesnt have anyone else.

I dont really have anyone to walk with me on this new journey of self improvement.. would anyone like to be my buddy and we can help eachother be better?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ....I am much older but I am also a single mom to a 14 year old...I am on the mission to lose 100+ lbs. this time around ...down 21 since Jan. 1st ..... So sorry to hear about the father of your child .... Wishing you the very best .... You are welcome to add me if you want a cheerleader and a shoulder to talk to ..I am here daily :) hugs
  • TurquoiseViolet215
    TurquoiseViolet215 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and welcome to MFP. I am sorry for your loss. I am here every day and always willing to chat, feel fee to add me.
  • 302GO
    302GO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also in my 30's and was a single mom for quite a while. You can do this! I need an accountability partner as well, I will send a friend request :)