Not meeting calorie goal

Options
I have been trying to eat right focussing on protein. My calorie goal is set to 1200. Im eatting good portions and excercising as well.
Today my day looked like this:
Breakfast: Overnight oatmeal with fruit and 1 coffee(milk + teaspoon sugar)
Lunch: salad with chicken, spinach cucumber and a little grated cheese for flavor because Im not a fan of salad dressing.
Snack: yogurt cup
Dinner: havent eatten it yet... I need to do groceries today so im not quite sure what. Maybe a healthy "taco" which is ground beef with a little garlic + a teeny bit of salsa, onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, a teeny bit of sour cream and sprinkle of cheese on a protein flour tortilla and a healthy dessert if im still hungry.
Plus a protein shake.
This is mostly how I have been eatting. And more often then not MFP says im not eatting enough. I drink lots of water, I dont feel hungry and if I do I have a snack, the nutrients im getting is more then good because I also take a multivitamin.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I eat when im mot hungry just because MFP says so? Should I eat back the calories I burn?

Replies

• vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I struggle to eat the amounts MFP says I should. Rather than look at calories, I check my protein intake. If that's OK and I know I've eaten a balanced day with plenty of fruit and veg then I don't panic about it. If I'm way under I might have some nuts or such like.
  • spencen77
    spencen77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I count carbs, and most days that causes me to come in under 1200 calories, but I’m not hungry, and have tons of energy. I’m not worried about it.
  • DevonKaroline
    DevonKaroline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Does every day more or less look like this? How is your energy? is your weight changing? I would need to know more before pointing you in the right direction.

Something else to consider is that you may be unintentionally inaccurately tracking.