Wii Game Recomendations

Options
I am looking at getting a Wii game for excercise- but didn't realize how many there are!

Wii Fitness Coach
Jillian Michaels
Gold's Gym

etc... etc...

What would you all recommend?

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am looking at getting a Wii game for excercise- but didn't realize how many there are!

Wii Fitness Coach
    Jillian Michaels
    Gold's Gym

etc... etc...

• mamashrub
    mamashrub Posts: 128
    Options
    I am on the same boat you are..i really was insterested in the Jullian Micheals one but after some reasearch, I heard that that one actually sucks so I'm looking at the Wii Fitness one...
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    The fitness coach, Just bought on sat and so far I love it!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have been using one called Active Life Outdoor Adventure. It's not marketed as an exercise game, but you can get some good activity from it. It comes with a dance mat type controller, and can be used by 1 or 2 players. You do fun stuff, like jump rope, run hurdles or sprints, jump on a trampoline, etc. It also has an exercise tracker portion, and can recommend activities based on the area of your body you want to work. It's not a serious exercise program... it's more for fun, but you can work up a sweat doing it, and would be a fun alternative or great to do with kids.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    There's a new game coming out in May called EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer. It looks like it's gonna be better than wii fit for exercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports_Active

I'm gonna preorder my copy while I'm home for Spring break! :laugh:
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    ok I think that's what I am going to get for now =) THANK YOU!
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    That does look really good- the EA SPORTS FITness game- but it doesn't come out until June =) I will get it when it comes out- but going to get fitness coach for now ! I WANT TO START, umm YESTERDAY. lol
  • bonniejo
    Options
    That does look really good- the EA SPORTS FITness game- but it doesn't come out until June =) I will get it when it comes out- but going to get fitness coach for now ! I WANT TO START, umm YESTERDAY. lol

Are you sure it's June? Wiki said May 19, wiki isn't always right though....
  • direct1998
    Options
    The Wii Fit will surprise you. It has fun interactive games that will get your heart rate up, plus it keeps track of your weight and progress.

And the kids like it.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    "The product will be the first in a new line of EA SPORTS fitness and sports performance products in development to improve the well-being of people of all ages."

"EA SPORTS Active features a wide variety of interactive activities combined into a circuit that target both the upper and lower body as well as cardio, and supports two players to allow family or friends to get fit together. EA SPORTS Active provides a new level of motivation with on-screen, real-time feedback on your workout such as calories burned, while also allowing you to adjust intensity levels."

"EA SPORTS Active ships with one specially-designed leg strap that holds the Wii's Nunchuk controller to track lower body movements, as well as a resistance band to support a number of upper body strength training exercises."

"EA SPORTS Active features a "30 Day Challenge," a fitness road map for players to reach their fitness goals with the guidance of a virtual trainer. The Challenge provides a new, 20-minute workout every time a player exercises, including clear instruction, feedback on technique and positive encouragement throughout the workout. Each circuit will feel different and increase in intensity as fitness levels improve to help you work up a sweat and work toward your fitness goals. Users can also create their own custom workouts that vary in activity, duration and intensity, and the Wii Balance Board will add functionality to many exercises."

YAY! :happy:

http://www.easportsactive.com/home.action?id=Active Press Release-20081112111814201.xml
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    ist Price: $59.99
    Price: $56.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
    You Save: $3.00 (5%)
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
    This item will be released on June 2, 2009.
    Pre-order now!
    See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

That's what Amazon.com says.. not until june =(
    they have a video showing it- and it looks FUN!
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001MBUGLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1236007202&sr=8-1

thats the link for the video- wow it gives you a new workout everyday based on how you're doing etc....

i sooo want it!
  • Reeniec
    Reeniec Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Wii Fitness Coach
    Jillian Michaels
    Gold's Gym

etc... etc...

Thank you soooo much for posting about this!!! I got the Wii Fit fir Christmas and am already bored with the games. I was looking for something new to try and didn't even think to post about it on here. Thanks again and to everyone with their great suggestions!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    fitness coach is my fav. use it 3xs a week. wearing HRM and burn over 400 for 45 mins. good workout.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    fitness coach is my fav. use it 3xs a week. wearing HRM and burn over 400 for 45 mins. good workout.

Is my fitness coach any fun, or is it like going to the gym? (Sorry if you think going to the gym is fun:smile: )