Weight loss slow down

Options
How close to your goal weight should you expect a slow down? I have about 30-34 pounds till my desired goal weight and I have experienced a slow down. I would like to lose 2 pounds a week. Is that too ambitious? Is there something I can do to "delay" the weight loss slow down?

Replies

• SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How close to your goal weight should you expect a slow down? I have about 30-34 pounds till my desired goal weight and I have experienced a slow down. I would like to lose 2 pounds a week. Is that too ambitious? Is there something I can do to "delay" the weight loss slow down?

I'm having the same issue...what I'm currently trying is eating closer to my BMR because I was eating way below that which slows down the metabolism.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be patient, but when its so close it can be difficult. I'm also a little afraid to adjust what I am doing. Fearful of gaining weight back (I've lost 56 pounds) and when you adjust I feel I've lost time.
  • fdlewenstein
    Options
    I'm trying to be patient, but when its so close it can be difficult. I'm also a little afraid to adjust what I am doing. Fearful of gaining weight back (I've lost 56 pounds) and when you adjust I feel I've lost time.

Think of it like practice for maintenance. None of this has an end point, so find habits now that you can continue forever.

I actually believe that I will be able to maintain my weight once I reach my goal weight. I'm not worried about maintenance, its more about getting to my goal weight. However, you are correct. My mindset should be focused toward building and keeping good habits.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have 40lbs left, and I've slowed down to 1- 1.5 lbs per week.
  • fdlewenstein
    Options
    Thank you. My take away is to continue with my program as is and be patient.